Does Rodgers learn from his mistakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes does seem to have us in his pocket I agree.

If our tempo was higher against them there is no way they would have outplayed us as they did in the last game we played them.

I also think we set up badly but I also understand that we had very limited choice, particularly in defence.

There are always ‘bogey’ teams for every club and this is reflected on the manager at the time.

Rodgers does seem to have a bit of an issue with Moyes teams.
Wenger vs Pulis all over again

As much as you want to blame BR for the West Ham game, [ok, he's not completely innocent] but the players have to take a large portion of the blame.
Too many just didn't turn up.
Tielemans, Vardy, Maddison, Soyuncu, Barnes even the reliable Ndidi.

Too much emphasis on Amartey and Perez before the game.
There were a lot worse players on the day.

There are many reasons that despite taking Leicester to glory in all domestic and European trophies that we entered on Football Manager some 15 years ago i still haven't ever applied for a job in football management. Probably the main one other than I am a fat lazy turd who is rubbish at football is that the real game involves human beings (and I dislike most people) who i have to rely on week in week out to perform in a very public forum with my reputation and name on the line!

My somewhat badly made point being is that so many comments and criticisms of a team, of tactics, of selections are made by fans and pundits alike who seemingly ignore the fact that players and managers are not robots or pieces of computer code. They are simply complex human beings (there's an oxymoron for you). People make mistakes, players will have off days and managers will often take the blame for things that they can't control.

Right - that's it - I'm downloading Football Manager...

There are many reasons that despite taking Leicester to glory in all domestic and European trophies that we entered on Football Manager some 15 years ago i still haven't ever applied for a job in football management. Probably the main one other than I am a fat lazy turd who is rubbish at football is that the real game involves human beings (and I dislike most people) who i have to rely on week in week out to perform in a very public forum with my reputation and name on the line!

My somewhat badly made point being is that so many comments and criticisms of a team, of tactics, of selections are made by fans and pundits alike who seemingly ignore the fact that players and managers are not robots or pieces of computer code. They are simply complex human beings (there's an oxymoron for you). People make mistakes, players will have off days and managers will often take the blame for things that they can't control.

Right - that's it - I'm downloading Football Manager...
But you did get offered the Spurs job?

I think we've been garbage so far this season. We've won two games despite not playing well, or earning the wins. We've been well beaten twice.

Our attack is currently the worst in the PL. We have had 29 shots - the 19th team (Burnley) have had 35. If we consider our 'level' to be 5th, the 5th placed side have had 62 shots.

Our keeper has made 16 saves - the equal highest in the PL. That suggests that we're conceding chances far too easily as well.

Our formation and shape is boring and obvious. Every opponent knows how we'll play and can prepare easily for us.

BR is picking players irrespective of form or fitness. He is not making changes to personnel until it is too late in matches. When I watch other teams, I can see them trying different things during games. We never seem to.

BR is an excellent manager and he's done a terrific job for us. However, so far this season, I think he's been piss poor. His head still seems to be on the beach.

I think we've been garbage so far this season. We've won two games despite not playing well, or earning the wins. We've been well beaten twice.

Our attack is currently the worst in the PL. We have had 29 shots - the 19th team (Burnley) have had 35. If we consider our 'level' to be 5th, the 5th placed side have had 62 shots.

Our keeper has made 16 saves - the equal highest in the PL. That suggests that we're conceding chances far too easily as well.

Our formation and shape is boring and obvious. Every opponent knows how we'll play and can prepare easily for us.

BR is picking players irrespective of form or fitness. He is not making changes to personnel until it is too late in matches. When I watch other teams, I can see them trying different things during games. We never seem to.

BR is an excellent manager and he's done a terrific job for us. However, so far this season, I think he's been piss poor. His head still seems to be on the beach.
Last season, Brighton, Villa and Leeds all had more shots than us. We still finished above them and won the cup.

I agree we've not been great at all thus far but we played well enough against Manchester City to take a point had our keeper not pissed away possession.

We will get better.

I honestly believe that we are hugely reliant on one person in particular. And that one person is Mr Jonny Evans. The fact that he has been missing for some time has had a hugely detrimental impact upon the team.

I honestly believe that we are hugely reliant on one person in particular. And that one person is Mr Jonny Evans. The fact that he has been missing for some time has had a hugely detrimental impact upon the team.
I thought we played better with Vesty playing.
Cags was trying too hard to be safe after recent cock ups.

I find it quite strange that our support doesn't idolise BR.

He's won the FA Cup and had 2 of the best league finishes in the clubs history.

Something isn't quite right.

I think aside from possibly inflated expectations it's the fact that we know he could be off to a bigger club at any moment combined with the fact he isn't "likeable" the way someone like Ranieri was.

I think aside from possibly inflated expectations it's the fact that we know he could be off to a bigger club at any moment combined with the fact he isn't "likeable" the way someone like Ranieri was.

Ranieri was universally loved and did the one insane impossible thing we could never have dreamt about

But the ****s couldn’t wait to shove him out the door either

Five years ago today, we had 7 points from our first 5 matches following a wonderful season in 15/16. We'd had a Community Shield to enjoy and we had just played our first match in Europe.

We weren't playing well but we had faith in our manager who had delivered us a success the previous year we'd never had before. He was untouchable.

Six months later and that manager was sacked as we slumped towards relegation. The wheels came off and we just couldn't find a shape or style to gather points consistently.

BR needs to find an answer to the current mess quickly because once it starts to slide, it can be very difficult to get back. We're about the same stage in his time here as he was at Liverpool when the wheels started to came off. He couldn't get things right there and ended up getting the sack.

Five years ago today, if anyone had said we'd be sacking Ranieri in less than six months they'd have been laughed at. BR appears to be so complacent when questioned about us. He just thinks it will turn soon enough. And maybe he's right. I sure hope he is.

I'm starting to get worried though. The selections are wrong. The formation and shape is wrong. We can't put one decent half together, let alone a full match. We look dodgy from set pieces. We are making basic individual errors. We are missing key players.

Just a suggestion, maybe because we should be doing better, 2 seasons running we have been 1 game away from finishing in the top 4 yet we keep making the same mistakes time and time again.
To not play Nacho from the start whilst persisting with Perez and Maddison probably isn't helping him.
BR has been backed in the transfer market, buys a 3rd striker but we don't have a 1st choice RM
We constantly play out from the back concide possession and inevitable concede goals, it's so predictable you can see it coming 3 passes away yet we persist doing it every game.
We play shit go behind and BR only changes things in the 70th minute when the game is lost.
He brings on subs in the 70th minute who play very well yet they don't get a chance in the starting 11.

I'm guessing the above is why fans are frustrated with him and haven't taken to him.

I thing it's going to be an important 5-6 months for Brodgers (it always is, I know).
Has he reached his limit in learning from mistakes?

Still, Bunley next. I'm sure all will be fine.

I thing it's going to be an important 5-6 months for Brodgers (it always is, I know).
Has he reached his limit in learning from mistakes?

Still, Bunley next. I'm sure all will be fine.
He should have definitely reached his limit on not learning from his mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757