Dogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pds

I'm looking to buy a puppy for my girlfriend who is a big dog lover. Anyone got any hints tips and especially reliable places to buy one from - I've never owned a dog my self so have little knowledge.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm looking to buy a puppy for my girlfriend who is a big dog lover. Anyone got any hints tips and especially reliable places to buy one from - I've never owned a dog my self so have little knowledge.

Be careful if you buy them online.

They may be baby polar bears.

You got your own place now pds ? depends if she wants pedigree or mongrel :102:

Have done for over a year now lazzer, only renting but pets are allowed.

Pedigree I'd imagine.

Have done for over a year now lazzer, only renting but pets are allowed.

Pedigree I'd imagine.

Well i would say ......dont. Get a goldfish. Wait til you get married and your own place and had had kids .........then get one :icon_lol:

My girlfriend has started going on about wanting a dog. Can't be arsed tbh, too much effort. She's after a springer.

(feel free to edit away...)

M wife has always wanted one. I hate them. She's not got one yet, but I imagine it's only a matter of time. I've said I don't want one at all until any kids we have are at least 6 as I like them to keep their faces, she seems OK with that.

My girlfriend has started going on about wanting a dog. Can't be arsed tbh, too much effort. She's after a Stringer.

She is welcome to him mate :icon_wink

My girlfriend has started going on about wanting a dog. Can't be arsed tbh, too much effort. She's after a springer.

Don't do it. They are mental dogs, need LOTS of exercise and get bored quickly.

I'm a big fan of Westies. Small enough to kick over next door's fence when we lose, but they are convinced that they are the biggest dog in the world. Packed full of character.
Where to get a good dog from I wouldn't know as we've always got ours from a Westie rescue organisation in Swindon. Talk to your local vet they may be able to help you with reputable breeders (or, more to the point, disreputable ones).

Don't fall into the trap of buying the latest craze because it's en vogue. Look at your (her) environment and lifestyle and get something that will fit in with that.

Remeber also that a puppy looks all nice and cute and fluffy, but will it still be as cute when it stands 4 foot tall and needs to be walked 10 miles a day come rain or shine?

Shame Newts is not around to help you. :icon_wink

Don't do it. They are mental dogs, need LOTS of exercise and get bored quickly.

I know.

Her dad has one and he never stops. Doesn't help that they have wooden floors so you can barely watch tv.

We've found it nigh on impossible to tire him out.

They got him the snip but he's barely calmed down at all.

Looking for something small - medium, and good with children (my young nephew).

Looking for something small - medium, and good with children (my young nephew).

We are currently on our 3rd and 4th Westie and have had so much fun from them. They have all been brilliant with children and I have yet to meet anyone who has had a problem with one. Like I said before, go and speak to your local vet, they will be only too happy to give you some advice.

I'm a big fan of Westies.
Gay

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675