Dogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being gay, I really love my pink poodle. It makes me a real boy magnet in the park on Sundays.

Pink%20poodle.JPG

Puff.

Last edited:
Dogs are great!

First tip, don't get one like mine... turds the size of a full grown rabbit...

Maddie-39.jpg

See if there are any you like the look of at the RSPCA. Not too hectic, not too shy - most dogs are trainable.

And enroll in a dog obiedience course. Well worth it. They train the owners really, not the dogs.

My girlfriend has started going on about wanting a dog. Can't be arsed tbh, too much effort. She's after a springer.

(feel free to edit away...)

Springers are great dogs. They are very friendly by nature and are good with kids etc. They are completely driven by their stomachs too and can sniff food out from miles away so you have to keep things out of reach.

The only problem is that they love eating shit. By that I mean cow shit, horse shit, bird shit, fox shit (a favourite), other dog shit, their own shit (another fave) and, as my brother found out when changing his new borns nappy, human shit (apparently another fave).

I'm looking to buy a puppy for my girlfriend who is a big dog lover. Anyone got any hints tips and especially reliable places to buy one from - I've never owned a dog my self so have little knowledge.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Don't do it pds, you will be the one feeding it, walking it, cleaning it and paying all the vet bills. Also just think how good you will look with your hand in a plastic bag picking its shit up. Apparently women don't like doing that! Be warned.

Like Lazzer says a goldfish sounds good.

I'm looking to buy a puppy for my girlfriend who is a big dog lover. Anyone got any hints tips and especially reliable places to buy one from - I've never owned a dog my self so have little knowledge.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Firstly, you've got to remember that a dog is not just for Christmas - if you slice it thinly enough, you can have it in sandwiches on Boxing Day.

The Kennel Club have a 'which breed is right for you' page on their website. You can then find Kennel Club registered breeders of your chosen breed on their 'find a puppy' page.

Be warned that bringing up a puppy is a 24/7 job for the first few months - you can not be sure of ever getting a full night's sleep. Things get better after a while but a lot depends on how successful your training of the pup has been.

Some people prefer to get a rescue dog. They're cheaper and they deserve a life. They can be easier than pups but, especially if they have been mistreated, they can be hard work.

Don't forget that the expense that goes with dog ownership. It's not just the food - vets' bills can be astronomical even for a relatively healthy dog. Pet insurance is only part of the answer because it won't pay anything towards the routine stuff and there are many exclusions that you might not expect - and insurance itself is not cheap.

Where is the dog going to go when you go on holiday? Is it going to be able to go with you? Or are you going to have to pay £10 or more a day to board it while you are away.

If you're both at work and the dog is going to have to be left alone for more than a couple of hours a day, don't get a dog - and certainly don't even consider getting a puppy.

But everything is right for you to get a dog, go ahead and get one. They are a lot of fun and most rewarding. We have a pup at the moment - a blue roan and tan cocker spaniel bitch, 13 weeks old - her name is Elsie, which is short for L.C.F.C. (Nottingham Fox's idea, not mine. Mrs Boc thought Elsie was an odd name for a dog but agreed to it. I've not told her about the L.C.F.C bit yet)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570