Post Match Doncaster 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
dissappointing result (you were pre warned regarding dpj not starting pre-match thread), the 2point /game target is still being achieved therefore still in optomistic mood

I just need to get this off my chest...

Nugent is shite, mind numbingly ineffective shite.

How can he be, he scored for England and lots of our fans think he's brilliant.

Nugent s first touch was apalling on Saturday. And he's slower than he used to be. That chance on the 6 yard line he would have got in the past. I like the guy he always gives his all but at the moment he would be replaced if we had anyone to come in. GTF or Wood if either were fit.

This has always been my point about Schmeichel's mistake. Rarely do people say, 'Yes Schmeichel let one in, but Nugent and Vardy missed 4 easy chances to score'.

If the strikers had put away their easy chances, the final score would have been 4-1 to us and Schmeichel's error would not seem so devastating in the grand scheme of things.

This has always been my point about Schmeichel's mistake. Rarely do people say, 'Yes Schmeichel let one in, but Nugent and Vardy missed 4 easy chances to score'.

If the strikers had put away their easy chances, the final score would have been 4-1 to us and Schmeichel's error would not seem so devastating in the grand scheme of things.

Except there wasn't any chances to score; other than Nugent's attempt which was difficult to even call a chance.

OK. But there have been loads of chances in other games where we ended up a with a draw when we could easily have won.

I know the general consensus is not to let the facts get in the way of an opinion but have any of our 'Stattos' on here ever come across our Shots/Goals ratio compared to other clubs?

If the Football League brought in an NFL style rule where we could bring a player on for spot kicks and then take him off again Nugent would be invaluable to us. Generally this season I agree that he has been pretty dreadful. It was a shame that we didn't have Wood and Taylor-Fletcher on the bench as both strikers desperately needed to be replaced.

Caleb Sturgis?

No, (s)he said Nugent.

Re goals this season, I believe we are rolling at 6 from open play in the league as of yet this season so about 0.5 per game.

Last edited:
OK. But there have been loads of chances in other games where we ended up a with a draw when we could easily have won.

I know the general consensus is not to let the facts get in the way of an opinion but have any of our 'Stattos' on here ever come across our Shots/Goals ratio compared to other clubs?

How's this?...

att-eff-ch-150913.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673