Post Match Doncaster 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching the football league show. Kasper's wasn't the only goalkeeping howler, they'll be a few with their head in their hands tonight

Im quite sure Dickov would have praised his team today, they stopped us playing all game and were always in our faces.

I would like to know how long the game would have to have been for our coaching team to realise that lumping and floating balls onto that 8ft defenders head wasnt working, ****ing farcical.

Moore throws are long and so predictable today, ditto Konchesky's crossing. At times It seemed the play was crying out to be switched to the left, Schlupp hardly got a look in.

Pretty desperate stuff.

Typical city really isn't it? Always a shocker to come along and **** up your optimism.

Whilst many say Donny were poor, they had an excellent ten minute after their goal where only an amazing tackle by Morgan stopped a goal and then Schmeichel made a good block.

We were too narrow, too mindless with the ball, too slow. Their defence need to be ran at yet continually we took an extra touch or pass in attack. Certain players looked tired as well; maybe the constant run of fixtures catching up? (Dyer and King in particular).

Edit: Nige summed it up perfect in his interview actually. You play arse but you still need to collect say a draw to keep the promotion hunt.

Last edited:
As reagrds the narrowness, Hazz, i thought that at the last home game.
Both Dyer and Knocky came insde at the same time, leading to over congestation just outside the penalty area.

I defended Kasper against Blackpool, but there really is no excuse for his own goal yesterday. I do feel for him in a way as he has zero competition for his place and a useless goalkeeping coach, but this was beyond a basic goalkeeping mistake. It was dreadful professionalism.

Watching NP, SW and the other chap hunched over a laptop during the game yesterday should have been a positive. It should have meant that they could see clearly what was going wrong and do something about it. We changed personnel and formation far too late yesterday. We've now been beaten twice away from home against poor sides that were only better than us aerially.

I called for a change in personnel and formation prior to the Yeovil game and the result made that call seem a tad silly. However, yesterday I think the performance and result vindicated that initial reasoning. We were too predictable playing the same way yet again. Several of the players were also clearly tired and didn't put in a shift.

However, putting the frustrations of yesterday aside, it's undoubtedly a good start. Time now to re-group and set up for the next set of fixtures.

I defended Kasper against Blackpool, but there really is no excuse for his own goal yesterday. I do feel for him in a way as he has zero competition for his place and a useless goalkeeping coach, but this was beyond a basic goalkeeping mistake. It was dreadful professionalism.

Watching NP, SW and the other chap hunched over a laptop during the game yesterday should have been a positive. It should have meant that they could see clearly what was going wrong and do something about it. We changed personnel and formation far too late yesterday. We've now been beaten twice away from home against poor sides that were only better than us aerially.

I called for a change in personnel and formation prior to the Yeovil game and the result made that call seem a tad silly. However, yesterday I think the performance and result vindicated that initial reasoning. We were too predictable playing the same way yet again. Several of the players were also clearly tired and didn't put in a shift.

However, putting the frustrations of yesterday aside, it's undoubtedly a good start. Time now to re-group and set up for the next set of fixtures.

I'm confused, when did you work under Stowell?

Crap! First match I've been able to see live on TV this season and they come up with this utter abysmal performance.

Didn't I tell you that there was never anything good on Norwegian telly

Didn't I tell you that there was never anything good on Norwegian telly
Yes. Yes you did! But we still have the burning fireplaces and the minute by minute train and boat trips. Not much death metal though.

Yes. Yes you did! But we still have the burning fireplaces and the minute by minute train and boat trips. Not much death metal though.

And of course the new Francis Fjord Coppolla film is on tonight.

Just watching the football league show. Kasper's wasn't the only goalkeeping howler, they'll be a few with their head in their hands tonight

Just watched it now and, on the back of having seen his Dad talking about the "rumoured" bid for his son, I can't help but be a bit cynical about how much of an accident that was.

I love a conspiracy theory, me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670