Donington Lose GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Now pretty much official that the Donington deal is dead. Always looked doomed to me.

Looks like Silverstone are trying to get it back on the cheap too. Would be hugely damaging to the sport to not have a 2010 British GP.

Donington will be a housing development or runway extension before the next Brotish GP even happen's, even if that is next year.

Why did they decide to attempt the huge change in track layout?

Surly the upgrade cost would have been reasonable had the existing track been kept in it's original format.

A lap was too short to host a F1 GP if memory serves.

I'm disappointed, I would have loved to have a GP on my door step.

It seems like the guys running it have no idea what they're doing, and came out with poor excuses week after week. Why did they apply for it if they didn't already have the finances behind them and why were they awarded it?

As for a British Grand Prix, I think there would be too much pressure exerted from the British teams for it not to be on the calendar. Silverstone does need revamping though and maybe a year without a grand prix might encourage them to do so.

Why did they decide to attempt the huge change in track layout?

Surly the upgrade cost would have been reasonable had the existing track been kept in it's original format.

Too short, too narrow and needed to create space for the paddock.

Last edited:
british grand prix should never leave silverstone. too much history there.

british grand prix should never leave silverstone. too much history there.

It's only been back there since 1987 but I agree it should stay there. Uncle Bernie though touts it as not a historical GP like Monza or Monaco because the British GP hasn't been exclusively at Silverstone.

i see rosbergs quit williams, looks to be off to brawn to replace reubens

It's only been back there since 1987 but I agree it should stay there. Uncle Bernie though touts it as not a historical GP like Monza or Monaco because the British GP hasn't been exclusively at Silverstone.
but it goes back to the 50's...

and i was at stowe corner in 87, getting paid to see mansell do piquet....
lovely stuff

Last edited:
Bernie hates Silverstone.

Imo its a gp that he would ditch in favour of a new one.
Maybe Moscow, India or South Africa.

Bernie hates Silverstone.

Imo its a gp that he would ditch in favour of a new one.
Maybe Moscow, India or South Africa.

I think you are right, but luckily for us there are several british teams and the last two champions were also british so that will make it very difficult for Bernie to get away with dropping the GP.

Bernies take on it.

1017: As I mentioned earlier, Ted Kravitz has had a word with Bernie Ecclestone about the future of the British Grand Prix. Bernie says he would be "delighted" if Silverstone signed the contract on the table, but that negotiations are "finished". Ted asks if there is anything Silverstone can do. Cheeky Bernie responds: "They need to go and buy a pen."

hp

Don't know what I'll do if there's no British Grand Prix - would seriously be devastating news

What a disappointment, I thought this thread was going to be about the state of the NHS.

You really are a comedian Jeff, you are wasted on this site :icon_razz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570