Doom and Gloom

Status
Not open for further replies.
step said:
All we need it the new manager to see through dublin and we will be ok

He just needs a slap, at the monent he has no desire!

I think makin has been one of our better players this season, though his last 2 games have been bellow par. I think he's a good defender but needs to get forward and support scowcroft. It's unfortunate that Williams is out for a while cos he was just starting to show that he is a good player. Was good to see he got a good reception when he went of, unlike the ironic jeers he got in the Preston game. If we win on saturday, Wilco and Bassett will be here for the season me thinks.

is it a fox? said:
If we win on saturday, Wilco and Bassett will be here for the season me thinks.

:( :( :( :( We need a fresh start. :wink:

After the game I got home and like 1966 couldn't believe the negativity from some posters. How many of these moaners actually went to the game? :roll:
Even at the game there was a few that attempted to boo at the end. WHY?
Personally, I came away from the ground with a buzz. I saw enough positives in the game to see that this bunch of players can get us into a top 6 spot.
A lot was said of "Hoof Ball". Yes, Pieman did kick it long at goalkicks, but the Ipswich keeper did it more so, and aren't they supposed to be a footballing side?
In open play City played some good attacking football, with a cutting edge. Look how many efforts were on target. The Ipswich keeper pulled off 5 stunning saves, we also had one headed off the line.
Individual players have been slated on this forum, but lets think about it for a minute. 2 Seasons ago Trevor Benjamin was slaughtered from all angles. When he came on in the second half he got a heros welcome.
Apart from his abusiveness, I think Chandler had a point.
Come on lads, wake up, smell the coffee.
On Saturday lets get behind the boys and help them get this elusive home win :twisted:

Well said, if we win on saturday, we'll go above Stoke, who were top not long ago. Though I do get this feeling that Ade will score. First goalscorer odds anyone?

Agreed. Although still defensivley niave in the second half that performance was head and shoulders above anything at the walkers this season and probably better than all away performances too. I think the boo boys were just frustrated at how we seem to shoot ourselkves in the foot as we are about to cross the finishing line.

There were a lot of plus points on tuesday - but we wil not win games until WE PUT THE BALL IN THE BOX. The players dance around with the ball forever outside the box but we never get close enough to actually get a goal, a Dickov goal.

If we sort that I'll be the happiest Leicester Fan around!

xsubmariner said:
After the game I got home and like 1966 couldn't believe the negativity from some posters. How many of these moaners actually went to the game? :roll:
Even at the game there was a few that attempted to boo at the end. WHY?
Personally, I came away from the ground with a buzz. I saw enough positives in the game to see that this bunch of players can get us into a top 6 spot.
A lot was said of "Hoof Ball". Yes, Pieman did kick it long at goalkicks, but the Ipswich keeper did it more so, and aren't they supposed to be a footballing side?
In open play City played some good attacking football, with a cutting edge. Look how many efforts were on target. The Ipswich keeper pulled off 5 stunning saves, we also had one headed off the line.
Individual players have been slated on this forum, but lets think about it for a minute. 2 Seasons ago Trevor Benjamin was slaughtered from all angles. When he came on in the second half he got a heros welcome.
Apart from his abusiveness, I think Chandler had a point.
Come on lads, wake up, smell the coffee.
On Saturday lets get behind the boys and help them get this elusive home win :twisted:

Hold on -first you were very upset when Micky left and thought that was terrible - now you are telling us that things have improved now he has gone.

Yes -things have improved becaused clearly there was a clearly lot of negativity around the dressing room which you would not acknowledge at the time.

But this doesn't make it right that Dave Bassett becomes manager - which is an implication in where you seem to be coming from.

You are also right that this squad should get us into the top six - of course it should given the fact that its probably the most experienced squad in the division with just about the highest wage bill. It was put together as a one season fix, wasn't it?

Agree totally with you Redditch, yes things have improved but that would happen whoever is in charge. But lets be brutally honest Bassett is not the long term answer, yes he is great for 5-6 games whilst the board select the new man.

Why is it a manager who was a monumental failure last time he was in charge suddenly being clamoured for as some form of footballing messiah by some fans.

The board have to keep DB happy for now and therefore ( I HOPE) they are just humoring him about the job while they look for a log term succesor. That or Basset is putting himself in the shop window.

Apparently MA's departure has put major pressure on the other relageted clubs cos now theres a good manager floating about there all watchinh thier backs.

Fox Fan said:
The board have to keep DB happy for now and therefore ( I HOPE) they are just humoring him about the job while they look for a log term succesor. That or Basset is putting himself in the shop window.

Apparently MA's departure has put major pressure on the other relageted clubs cos now theres a good manager floating about there all watchinh thier backs.

Exactly couldnt agree more the board can ill afford to rule Bassett out of the running just yet when he is the man running the club, especially when it could be another couple of weeks. IMO it will be quicker than that but the board have to ensure Bassett is on board for as long as they require him.

Redditch fox, I was upset (not very!) when Micky Adams left. I was hoping he could turn it around. However, having listened to his resignation speech at the press conference I believe that he should have walked during the summer. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I still like the guy, wish him well, thank him for what he has done in the past but Leicester City mean more to me than his wellbeing.
If you read my last post again I said these bunch of players can get us top 6.
I agree that there is normally a honeymoon period with a new manager and city might just be enjoying such a time, but if you went to the game on Tuesday you would have seen a big improvement on recent showings, whether Micky was in charge is irrelevant to that statement.
As regards negativity, there has been too much of it around and people have been making mountains out of molehills. There is still too much of it around. I'm a positive, an optimist. Maybe it comes through supporting City for 5 decades! 8)
So let us lift this Doom & Gloom and support whoever is in a City shirt and whoever is in the hotseat 8)

xsubmariner said:
Redditch fox, I was upset (not very!) when Micky Adams left. I was hoping he could turn it around. However, having listened to his resignation speech at the press conference I believe that he should have walked during the summer. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I still like the guy, wish him well, thank him for what he has done in the past but Leicester City mean more to me than his wellbeing.
If you read my last post again I said these bunch of players can get us top 6.
I agree that there is normally a honeymoon period with a new manager and city might just be enjoying such a time, but if you went to the game on Tuesday you would have seen a big improvement on recent showings, whether Micky was in charge is irrelevant to that statement.
As regards negativity, there has been too much of it around and people have been making mountains out of molehills. There is still too much of it around. I'm a positive, an optimist. Maybe it comes through supporting City for 5 decades! 8)
So let us lift this Doom & Gloom and support whoever is in a City shirt and whoever is in the hotseat 8)

Great post - incidentally I regret that I can exceed you by one decade!

Thank you for the compliment. 8)
Between us we have probably seen a lot of good football, but alas a lot of cack as well, down the City :wink:
I went to the Preston cup game. It was like a throw back to the 80's with the sparse crowd. Didn't like it then and I don't want to go back there, so onwards and upwards I say :twisted:

xsubmariner said:
Thank you for the compliment. 8)
Between us we have probably seen a lot of good football, but alas a lot of cack as well, down the City :wink:
I went to the Preston cup game. It was like a throw back to the 80's with the sparse crowd. Didn't like it then and I don't want to go back there, so onwards and upwards I say :twisted:

I feel like a newbie, as I have only done four decades. :wink: However one thing I will say is no return to the 80's please. :roll: :wink:

Don't know Steven,It would be an excuse to play your Kajagoogoo LP :wink:

My first game was in the 70s so that makes me feel positively youthfull!!! :p :p :p :p :p i mite strt talkin n txt spk!

SOMEONES MENTIONED KAJAGOOGOO,CANT BELIEVE HOW LOW THIS SITE IS SINKING.......GETTING TO THE PLAIN SICK LEVEL NOW............PS DID ANYONE ELSE SEE EM LIVE WITH THE DOOLEYS AT THE DE-MONT............................................I'LL GET MI COAT

i went to see kajagoogoo at the oxford apollo..... :oops: :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670