Douglas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

leicesterfan

Should not be in goal.

He is not playing consistant enough. A bad throw and poor positioning for the 2nd goal last night is not good enough. He is too old and only becuase he's tall and scottish is why levein picks him. I would have Henderson anyday, bradford fans said he was the best keeper out of the champ/permiership. I'm suprised no one has said much bad about him, the times ive watched him play he has been clumsy. Sheff Utd first game, remember him coming out , well that game ruined our season really.

Get rid of Douglas, and put Dublin in coaching or Defence Sub.
Have Hammond on wing positions.

Thats my rant

Henderson is good, but he just flapps at crosses.

I though he was pretty supurb against Cardiff in the cup, but until he is catching all of those crosses we cant really take a chance. Rab should of done better with the positioning of the wall for the forst goal and the 2nd goal was totally his fault!

Nobody is being spared the wrath today are they.I'm searching for a positive post today don't think I'mgoing to find one :icon_sad:

leicesterfan said:
Should not be in goal.

He is not playing consistant enough. A bad throw and poor positioning for the 2nd goal last night is not good enough. He is too old and only becuase he's tall and scottish is why levein picks him. I would have Henderson anyday, bradford fans said he was the best keeper out of the champ/permiership. I'm suprised no one has said much bad about him, the times ive watched him play he has been clumsy. Sheff Utd first game, remember him coming out , well that game ruined our season really.

Get rid of Douglas, and put Dublin in coaching or Defence Sub.
Have Hammond on wing positions.

Thats my rant

What exactly is Dublin going to 'coach' or do you mean driving it ?

MA seemed to have the right idea by bringing in Steve Cottril to work on the defence. Why don't we try and get Tony Cottee in to teach the strikers how to score!

Last edited:
highland fox said:
Nobody is being spared the wrath today are they.I'm searching for a positive post today don't think I'mgoing to find one :icon_sad:

And as for you highland, you're a disgrace!!!:icon_lol: ;)

Come on nothing beats a good moan!!

I still encourage the players every game as im sure the rest of you guys do, just need to voice it out.

Bring back cottee , good idea, doubt we could afford him. Bring back Collymore as coach! (joke)

Last edited:
SilverFox said:
And as for you highland, you're a disgrace!!!:icon_lol: ;)

There's been some serious Levein Slating today SF,you'd have loved it;)

highland fox said:

If you had to witness the shite we did on satdi and last night HF you would be slating Levein today as well. And that is not a dig because you cannot attend matches.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
If you had to witness the shite we did on satdi and last night HF you would be slating Levein today as well. And that is not a dig because you cannot attend matches.

Maybe but to be honest I'm getting just a bit bored with it all.After every defeat or bad performance it's the same.I sat through watching a David Pleat Leicester City side that very nearly slipped into the then Div 3 and believe me that was poor...very very poor.I think some amongst of us are used to Promotions,Cup runs etc and have never expierienced long mudane seasons with no success and a very very poor quality of Football,not only with Pleat but Hamilton.Thats not peoples fault that they aren't as old as me by the way..But we aren't good at the moment I agree and I see very little hope but we will not go down and I still expect us to improve,perhaps I'm just a mad optimistic fool, I don't know.

highland fox said:
Maybe but to be honest I'm getting just a bit bored with it all.After every defeat or bad performance it's the same.I sat through watching a David Pleat Leicester City side that very nearly slipped into the then Div 3 and believe me that was poor...very very poor.I think some amongst of us are used to Promotions,Cup runs etc and have never expierienced long mudane seasons with no success and a very very poor quality of Football,not only with Pleat but Hamilton.Thats not peoples fault that they aren't as old as me by the way..But we aren't good at the moment I agree and I see very little hope but we will not go down and I still expect us to improve,perhaps I'm just a mad optimistic fool, I don't know.

Out of interest I was a wee kiddie when Pleat was in charge, but my dad and grandad reckon this side is as bad if not worse than that side at the moment. Would you lot agree or they talking b*llox?!

They are talking complete bollox. That side was extremely poor. The one shining light we had was McAllister and when he left we got even worse.

Dunc said:
They are talking complete bollox. That side was extremely poor. The one shining light we had was McAllister and when he left we got even worse.
Agreed, the Pleat side set new standards in complete crapness! Also, our present side is more youthful, so with time hopefully they will get better. As I said many moons ago, I can forgive younger players making mistakes. There is a game plan there, and I know it aint working at the moment, but Levein was given a brief to reduce the wage bill and average age of the squad. These days, in every walk of life, people want instant results - if only it were that easy!

The Pleat era was the most awful,depressing period i've ever witnessed in 30 years supporting City.Horrible,horrible stuff who was it up front David Kelly or Wayne Clarke both as piss poor as each other.Anymore names from the Pleat era that anyone would like to divulge / Was Ricky Hill one of is ? I've try to blank that period of time out of my memory..

highland fox said:
The Pleat era was the most awful,depressing period i've ever witnessed in 30 years supporting City.Horrible,horrible stuff who was it up front David Kelly or Wayne Clarke both as piss poor as each other.Anymore names from the Pleat era that anyone would like to divulge / Was Ricky Hill one of is ? I've try to blank that period of time out of my memory..

DAvid Kelly kept us up the first season he was here, scored about 10 goals in 15 games - he was pretty good for us IMO, Brian Little even said a big regret was not keeping him.

As for poor players - Steve Thompson (the original moustachioed centre half, not the creative midfielder), "Delbert" Paris, Tony Spearing, Rob Johnson, Wayne Clarke, Mick Kennedy, Lawrie Madden, Robbie James, Gary Ford, Peter Weir, Kevin Jobling, Dave Puttnam, Marc North, Allan Evans, Martin Russell.

many more I'm sure but they stand out.

Dunc said:
As for poor players - Steve Thompson (the original moustachioed centre half, not the creative midfielder), "Delbert" Paris, Tony Spearing, Rob Johnson, Wayne Clarke, Mick Kennedy, Lawrie Madden, Robbie James, Gary Ford, Peter Weir, Kevin Jobling, Dave Puttnam, Marc North, Allan Evans, Martin Russell.

Weir was a good player. He lasted less than a year because his family didn't settle here - and when he went back to Scotland we got twice what Pleat paid for him.

highland fox said:

I don't like to see him get slated. I wanted him to be a success. I want the club to succeed. However, as time goes by I am getting no indication that we are going anywhere except further and further away from where we set our sights at the start of the season.

Our form is that of relegation standard. It doesn't bring me pleasure to point fingers and blame people...but at the same time we can't say there there he is trying his best. At the moment that just isn't good enough. Not by a long shot!:icon_cry:

SilverFox said:
I don't like to see him get slated. I wanted him to be a success. I want the club to succeed. However, as time goes by I am getting no indication that we are going anywhere except further and further away from where we set our sights at the start of the season.

Our form is that of relegation standard. It doesn't bring me pleasure to point fingers and blame people...but at the same time we can't say there there he is trying his best. At the moment that just isn't good enough. Not by a long shot!:icon_cry:

Valid point well made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670