Douglas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
highland fox said:
The Pleat era was the most awful,depressing period i've ever witnessed in 30 years supporting City.Horrible,horrible stuff who was it up front David Kelly or Wayne Clarke both as piss poor as each other.Anymore names from the Pleat era that anyone would like to divulge / Was Ricky Hill one of is ? I've try to blank that period of time out of my memory..

Just because we experienced those bad times, it doesn't mean we must perpetually do so. We do deserve more, we do have better resources than most in this league.

webmaster said:
Weir was a good player. He lasted less than a year because his family didn't settle here - and when he went back to Scotland we got twice what Pleat paid for him.

Hmmm, I thought he had a good reputation over the border but didn't do much for us here. I remember a slow winger who didn't really do much at all in a City shirt.

He was no Paul Bunce anyway.

SilverFox said:
Just because we experienced those bad times, it doesn't mean we must perpetually do so.

Agreed! But my the same token, just because we've experienced a few good times, it isn't always going to be so.

The value of a yo-yo can go down as well as up!

bocadillo said:
Agreed! But my the same token, just because we've experienced a few good times, it isn't always going to be so.

The value of a yo-yo can go down as well as up!

No. Thats a whores drawers

SilverFox said:
Just because we experienced those bad times, it doesn't mean we must perpetually do so. We do deserve more, we do have better resources than most in this league.

But thats the nature of Football not every club can be successful,all Clubs go through bad times.The point I'm trying to make and obviously failng to do so is one of perspective.A good few have only really known the glory days of MON,Adams and the Promotion season and even under Taylor at least it was a Premiership football.Myself along with others have expierienced darker days than these so I'm not as downcast as many on here although I do share their dissapointment none the less.

highland fox said:
But thats the nature of Football not every club can be successful,all Clubs go through bad times.The point I'm trying to make and obviously failng to do so is one of perspective.A good few have only really known the glory days of MON,Adams and the Promotion season and even under Taylor at least it was a Premiership football.Myself along with others have expierienced darker days than these so I'm not as downcast as many on here although I do share their dissapointment none the less.

Tony Sealy?! Now thats disappointment.

highland fox said:
Myself along with others have expierienced darker days

Is that because you live in the Highlands?

Just think how dark it would be if you lived in Bodø!

Dunc said:
Tony Sealy?! Now thats disappointment.

Tommy English in exchange for Jimmy Melrose.....still can't think about that.:icon_sad:

bocadillo said:
Is that because you live in the Highlands?

Just think how dark it would be if you lived in Bodø!

Am I talking complete bollox as usual or are things as bad as most on here say they are ? Perhaps I am far too optimistic..if I can't beat em maybe I should join em....

highland fox said:
Indeed it is...but not over and over and over again.

I apologise for my opinion Highland. Will try harder to fall in line with your views:icon_lol: ;)

highland fox said:
Am I talking complete bollox as usual or are things as bad as most on here say they are ? Perhaps I am far too optimistic..if I can't beat em maybe I should join em....

No, you're not talking bollox - and I agree with you. Football is as cyclic as the weather; only not quite so often. We're in a trough and we've been here before and we'll be here again. The youngest on this MB hadn't even started school last time we were this far down, so they are shitting themsleves because they have nothing similatr to compare with our current status.

I believe the corner has been turned - and I think CL for his part in it. It's going to be a slow journey back up.

SilverFox said:
I apologise for my opinion Highland. Will try harder to fall in line with your views:icon_lol: ;)

I don't mean to get at you SF,you know that.It's just like I'm fighting a one man crusade here.With Gilbert,people were saying his shite and now the same people are saying we shouldn't get rid of him after 4 games.Which one is it ? It is like any excuse to have a 'pop' at Levein at the moment and virtually every thread on The LCFC forum this week as been a moan.
I know you want the best for the Club in the end,the same as me;)

highland fox said:

No they're not that bad. We have a squad of young players, many of whom look like they can develop into very good players, no they're not a team yet but that's young players for you; we aren't doing well in the league, but we're not doing that badly, Sheff Wed, Plymouth, Millwall, Coventry and Brighton all spring to mind as not only being worse than us, but below us in the table; but most important of all, we all know that we're going to have a football club to go and watch next season, a lot of the people complaining really need to grow up and appreciate the excellent job that's been done on the financial side of the club- not just by CL's transfers, but by people on the board too.

highland fox said:
I don't mean to get at you SF,you know that.It's just like I'm fighting a one man crusade here.With Gilbert,people were saying his shite and now the same people are saying we shouldn't get rid of him after 4 games.Which one is it ? It is like any excuse to have a 'pop' at Levein at the moment and virtually every thread on The LCFC forum this week as been a moan.
I know you want the best for the Club in the end,the same as me;)

Fair play. And for the record I agre with the decision to move him along, just not what was spent on him in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00