Dowie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Souness there at that time as well? We shall see PFKA you obviously are positive of your source:)

Or he's making it up and trying to be convincing.

It's all bollocks anyway, Neil Lennon will be our new manager with Alan Shearer as his assistant. I have a journalist friend who works at the Hinckley Times and he told me it's definitely happening.

Both players known to Grayson from his time at Blackburn ;) Could be that the Dowie story has been "leaked" to try and put pressure on Grayson to accept the role and Burrows as part of the team.

It's come to a fine thing when we are trying to put pressure on the manager of Blackpool FC who are even worse than us.

Would there be any interest amongst fans in Grayson had he not played for City?

Now I am perfectly willing to admit that I think Grayson is probably a more forward thinking choice than the bust flushes that are Joe and Reidy and also there should really be no great difficulty in buying Grayson if he is the best available.....but this whole thing is a bit of a reality check isn't it.

I still think it will be Peter Reid.

It's all bollocks anyway, Duncan Norville will be our new manager with Christopher Biggins as his assistant. I have a journalist friend who works at Gay News and he told me it's definitely happening.

I bet he did....

The Mirror article (all sounds very possible):

Leicester chairman Milan Mandaric is ready to make a second attempt to lure Iain Dowie from Coventry - and make him the Foxes' new boss this week.

Dowie was close to the Leicester job after Martin Allen left, but he would not quit the Sky Blues and Mandaric was reluctant to pay the compensation.

But now Mandaric, who has spoken to several candidates, is preparing to make a fresh move after the Foxes travel to struggling Preston tonight - and he has the cash to pay the £500,000 'fee' after Bolton paid him to take Gary Megson to the Reebok Stadium.

Dowie may be tempted to go now with Coventry in financial peril. The Sky Blues are facing possible administration, even if there is a takeover, because their debts of £38million are too difficult to manage.

Former Wigan gaffer Paul Jewell has already turned down the chance to speak to Mandaric, leaving Dowie favourite ahead of Plymouth's Ian Holloway and Peter Reid.

Leicester were keen on Holloway under a previous regime, and he has done well for Argyle, while Reid has also been interviewed after sources within the game strongly advised Mandaric to discuss the vacancy with him.

If Dowie does cross the Midlands, he could find himself in charge of a team with two new midfielders.

Mandaric has lined up a double swoop on Birmingham to sign Damien Johnson and Neil Danns on loan. Johnson has recovered from injury while Danns has struggled to get a start.

Forgetting all the manager malarky, I think Danns and Johnson would be two excellent loan signings for us, just what we need in our midfield.

Leicester were keen on Holloway under a previous regime, and he has done well for Argyle, while Reid has also been interviewed after sources within the game strongly advised Mandaric to discuss the vacancy with him.

If Dowie does cross the Midlands, he could find himself in charge of a team with two new midfielders.

Mandaric has lined up a double swoop on Birmingham to sign Damien Johnson and Neil Danns on loan. Johnson has recovered from injury while Danns has struggled to get a start.

Reids agent and Reids wife probably.

Why dont we just change our name to Birmingham City

Not heard Steve Bruce's name mentioned yet. The new owner of Brum is going to want him out isn't he?

It's all bollocks anyway, Neil Lennon will be our new manager with Alan Shearer as his assistant. I have a journalist friend who works at the Hinckley Times and he told me it's definitely happening.

:icon_lol:

Some journo on Talksport told Ian Wright & Adrian Durham that he had a text from a mate saying that it was nails on that Dowie is going to Leicester.
It was so funny when Wrighty laughed at him saying how does he know? "has he been in the boardroom with Milan Mandaric"

Personally I don't want to see Dowie anywhere near Leicester,but I am so pissed off with all the shannagans lately I probably won't be happy with whoever MM employs.:bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669