Dowie

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a long thread to track all the messages so don't know if this point has been made, but Dowie has a motivation I'm not alltogether happy with for him to be interested in taking the job; he has a massive law suit hanging over him - could be as much as £1m (certainly with costs it would be). A new job with a fat new contract and signing on fee would take care of most of that.
I'm sure he is disillusioned with Coventry for the reasons stated (lack of investment etc), but I cannot help feeling if the other factor is uppermost it won't be good for us. Of all the available candidates (I'm assuming the best one, Jewell, is not available) I'm starting to come round to Taggart. He's managed for a year at Stoke, has the badges & when I saw him interviewed on local TV last night he just seemed to have some charisma about him. Having played under O'Neill he will have benefitted from him just as O'Neil benefited from Clough.

Last edited:
How will the academy react to Dowie?
What will all the young dudes think?

We are not attractive at all. A manager of this kind of calibre will be a blessing. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Agreed.

If Milan can convince Dowie to move to Leicester, he will have done brilliantly. It's not that Dowie is that wonderful; it's that we are in a complete mess.

I don't think Dowie would see it as a good move, but hope to be proved wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00