Drinking Dens for Posh 20th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Webmaster has suggested The Soar point for our younger fans while the Counting House is anothe option for those arriving early.

Any other hostilerys near the stadium that you could recommend guys.

Thanks.
You will also be able to get drink in the ground, they only close the inside bars for rival games.

You will also be able to get drink in the ground, they only close the inside bars for rival games.

Although Peterborough may not be most peoples idea of local rivals, for this game, the police most certainly will.

I would not really on getting a beer in the ground. Plus if the service is anything like in the home end, you may have a long wait.

As I have already stated in this thread, no they will not.

Well I know there were no alcoholic drinks last year for the Barnsley and Sheff Wed games and I wouldn't have thought either of those were big rivals.

well I'm going to The Globe for a pint of best and a Bacon and Stilton sarnie that resembles a Celcon Building Block.

It's probably the best ''pub'' in Leicester. However, I don't think they take to away team colours and depends whether town is on lock down with coppers. In the ''Lanes'' area, there was trouble with Norwich fans last season - throwing paving blocks about (the groundwork's done now though).

If your arriving fairly early and have no club colours on, you will be able to drink anywhere. Mind you, when Northampton came to us a few weeks back, their fans were in the Wetherspoons pubs with their shirts on. I do sense though that the police presence will be slightly 'higher' for this game.

Arrive with everyone else and you could find that you are told where you are drinking :icon_bigg

The Counting House at Freemans Common (just by the Morrisons supermarket) is the ideal choice IMO. Close to the ground, Food on offer, Good beer selection, Several sport screens, large premises .....

You may see another pub just across the car park called 'Local Hero' ... this is a home fans only pub.

There is a Nando's on this site if you fancy something a bit different to 'pub grub'

JOE - you might like to have a look at this Southend fan's story of his trip to Leicester. I've got a feeling that he's not the kind of bloke that would have enjoyed an hour in the Counting House and clearly prefers the kind of establishments that our own London Branch would frequent.

If you do go to the Swan and Rushes though, please don't cross the river to get to the ground - both pub and stadium are on the same side! (Similarly, if you are on a Jubilee line train, don't expect it to stop at Euston)

Last edited:
Which Southend fan's story of his trip to Leicester?

eeerrr.... the one at the end of the link I have just hastily added.
:icon_redf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670