Driving lessons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siouxsie

It's a long time since I took my test, it took me 4 months before passing first time, but obviously I know I'm an exceptionally good driver :icon_lol:

My daughter has just started to learn and none of her friends seem to have passed yet despite having had lots of lessons in some cases. At £21 a lesson I'm wondering whether this is going to bankrupt me.

I appreciate the number of lessons depends on what practice you get in between but on average how many lessons does it take nowadays?

They say the average is one for every year of your life.

Did you just make that up?

It takes about a year usually to pass, it will cost you a fortune im afraid plus the fees for tests and re-tests and licences etc.

I appreciate the number of lessons depends on what practice you get in between but on average how many lessons does it take nowadays?

I did it first time, 18 lessons over the course of 6 months. But then again it is a daughter rather than a son, so I'm guessing it will be more like 30 lessons. :icon_wink

And why should it bankrupt you? Tell her to pay for them herself. :018:

They say the average is one for every year of your life.

I remember that from when I learned*, but it seems to take people much longer now, hence my question as I'm obviously out of touch.

*and yes they had just about got rid of the man with the white flag infront, I'm not THAT old.

I did it first time, 18 lessons over the course of 6 months. But then again it is a daughter rather than a son, so I'm guessing it will be more like 30 lessons. :icon_wink

and how old were you ?

I had five lessons...then the Instructor let me turn the Engine on.Robbing old bastard.

Because in a mad moment I'd said I'd pay for lessons as her birthday present. Now I think I might have to limit that generosity.

Last edited:
Because in a mad moment I'd said I'd pay for lessons as her birthday present. Now I think I might have to limit that generosity.

if she is earning she should at least offer to contribute to them but i guess she isnt daft and is more than happy to let you pay for them :icon_bigg

Well lets say it will take her 30 lessons, thats over £600!! Bloody expensive birthday present!

If it is a lesson for every year of your life then it would be cheaper for me to employ a Chauffer.

My father taught me. He gave me my first lesson on my 17th birthday and I passed my test 5 months later.

Well lets say it will take her 30 lessons, thats over £600!! Bloody expensive birthday present!

This is a lesson to me in doing homework before opening mouth. I had no idea how expensive they were and defintely seem to have underestimated how many might be needed.

This is a lesson to me in doing homework before opening mouth. I had no idea how expensive they were and defintely seem to have underestimated how many might be needed.

You can't go back on your word now! :icon_lol: My parents did their homework and offered to pay for the first 3 lessons as a birthday present - wish my parents were as generous as you. :icon_wink

You could always teach her yourself........

You can't go back on your word now! :icon_lol: My parents did their homework and offered to pay for the first 3 lessons as a birthday present - wish my parents were as generous as you. :icon_wink

You could always teach her yourself........

I did say "pay for lessons" I didn't specify that it would be for all of them.

I don't think....

Intensive courses will work out cheaper and are more efficient on your pocket as less time is wasted remembering what was learned last week. My ex did it in less than a month and 18 hours of lessons. She 5 hours the day before her test, then 3 more on the morning of her test, she was 23 at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669