Dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

Me and a few of my coursemates are going to Dublin at the end of may for an end of exams/univeristy trip. Any places recommended to visit? Only going from 26th-28th though. Is the Guinness factory worth visiting or not?

Me and a few of my coursemates are going to Dublin at the end of may for an end of exams/univeristy trip. Any places recommended to visit? Only going from 26th-28th though. Is the Guinness factory worth visiting or not?

Not imo. It's alrite but you'll get nothing from it that you cant get in a pub over there.

I found it a bit boring but its alrite if you need summat to fill the day with

If you like history then Kilmainham Jail is a great place to visit,its where all the Republicans were kept.If you don't like Irish history then don't bother,you will be bored out of your mind.Guiness factory is shite,save your money and drink more of the stuff.Beware though Dublin is full of hen/stag parties nowadays

Take plenty of money with you wont you. My mates last trip for the egg chasing saw him buying guiness as £7.00 a pint :icon_eek:

Rip-Off city

If you like history then Kilmainham Jail is a great place to visit,its where all the Republicans were kept.If you don't like Irish history then don't bother,you will be bored out of your mind.Guiness factory is shite,save your money and drink more of the stuff.Beware though Dublin is full of hen/stag parties nowadays

Hen nights = pissed up women = the best change yet for DD to score

I've been 4 or 5 times, and never paid anywhere near £7 a pint.

On average it was 3.50 Euro - 4 Euro a pint (£3.20-£3.70), the rate is obviously not helping.

Where are you staying?

On arrival at the airport, the shuttle bus to the centre is about the best bet. It takes about 20 minutes, and is about 5 euros each. The buses run every 15-20 mins.

If you've never been before, I recommend the Guinness factory. Ok it's not everyones cup of tea, but I enjoyed it and i've been in twice. On a clear day, you get a superb view of the city from the bar right at the very top of the building. This is where you enjoy your free pint.

The Luas (tram) will get you there from the centre of dublin.

Temple bar is generally more expensive, but there are plenty of bars over the liffey that will be in some cases upto 1 euro a pint cheaper.

The Auld Dubliner on Temple Bar was a favourite of mine.

You'l know when you have pretty much arrived in the centre. Look out for 'The Spike' !

Last edited:
temple bar is horrible, try some of the pubs down baggot street and near st stephens green. O'donaghues if it's still there. some decent pubs off grafton street too
guinness factory is a must if you drink the stuff, if you prefer a drop of the hard stuff go to the jameson distillery on Bow street

temple bar is horrible, try some of the pubs down baggot street and near st stephens green. O'donaghues if it's still there. some decent pubs off grafton street too
guinness factory is a must if you drink the stuff, if you prefer a drop of the hard stuff go to the jameson distillery on Bow street

It's not that bad, and IMO it sounds like DD is a Dublin virgin, so it's worth a visit just to see what the hype is all about.

Agree on the Grafton Street suggestion :038:

Duzza highly recommends a bar called Company, you are nailed onto score there especially at the fetish nights :icon_lol:

I've never understood the attraction of Ireland (no offence to the Irish). They speak the same language, drink the same beer, eat the same food, it's more expensive and the weather is worse than ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46