Dyer Crowns Season With Final MotM Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheffield_fox

Crewe Alexandra 0-3 Leicester City
2 May 2009

Lloyd Dyer stormed to his eighth Player-Ratings.com man of the match award of the season after his performance and goal helped City to a comfortable 3-0 win over Crewe Alexandra on the final day of the season. In a game where there was nothing to play for and plenty to cheer about, Dyer marginally finished ahead of regular top performers Jack Hobbs and Matt Oakley to win the award.

Joe Mattock continued his poor end of season form winning another flop of the match award. No-one else was close enough to really be in contention for this although substitutes Max Gradel and Astrit Ajdarevic would have been rivalling had they been on the pitch for longer.

Full results below:

Player Awards:

Man of the Match: Lloyd Dyer – 7.59

Flop of the Match: Joe Mattock – 6.15

Best Goalkeeper / Defender: Jack Hobbs – 7.49
Best Midfielder: Lloyd Dyer – 7.59
Best Striker: Matty Fryatt / Steve Howard – 7.29

Full Ratings:

1. Lloyd Dyer – 7.59
2. Jack Hobbs / Matt Oakley – 7.49
4. Matty Fryatt / Steve Howard – 7.29
6. Bruno Berner – 7.20
7. Wayne Brown – 7.07
8. Michael Morrison – 6.98
9. David Stockdale / Andy King – 6.88
11. Max Gradel – 6.46
12. Joe Mattock – 6.15
13. Astrit Ajdarevic – 5.54

Voter Awards:

Top/Fairest Voters:
TheBoyJones / colsterfox

Most Generous Voter:
1st – smiggy – 8.15
2nd – becky :) – 7.54
3rd – Jordan Kitching / lcfcadam / Emilio Lestavez – 7.46

Harshest Voter:
1st – Daggers – 5.62
2nd – Matan – 6.08
3rd – General Smuts – 6.15

(Anonymous voters are not included in the voter awards)

Total Votes: 41

Coming up will be the monthly awards for April/May and finally the end of season awards. Hopefully if there is the demand for it, Player-Ratings.com will be back next season and with a web site that is more useful. Thanks to everyone who has voted this season to make these such a success.

:038::038::038: Thanks for doing all this this season, any idea when the total end of season ratings will be published?

Number of MOTM awards won
Good to see the top six get voted so many times

Andy King 1
David martin 1
Kerrea Gilbert 1
Mark Bunn 1
Michael Morrison 1
Tom Cleverley 1
Max Gradel 2
Paul Henderson 2
Tony Warner 2
Mark Davies 3
Jack Hobbs 5
Matt Oakley 5
Steve Howard 6
Aleksandar Tunchev 8
Lloyd Dyer 8
Matty Fryatt 8

:038::038::038: Thanks for doing all this this season, any idea when the total end of season ratings will be published?

The monthly awards for April/May will be by the end of this week, the player of the season awards will hopefully be starting by the end of the following week depending on how I decide to do it.

The monthly awards for April/May will be by the end of this week, the player of the season awards will hopefully be starting by the end of the following week depending on how I decide to do it.

Have you got a mobile version yet? :102:

Number of MOTM awards won
Good to see the top six get voted so many times

Andy King 1
David martin 1
Kerrea Gilbert 1
Mark Bunn 1
Michael Morrison 1
Tom Cleverley 1
Max Gradel 2
Paul Henderson 2
Tony Warner 2
Mark Davies 3
Jack Hobbs 5
Matt Oakley 5
Steve Howard 6
Aleksandar Tunchev 8
Lloyd Dyer 8
Matty Fryatt 8

Imagine how many Tunch wouldve got had he not been out for the whole 2nd half of the season

Have you got a mobile version yet? :102:

Good idea.

Also meant to say if anyone has any ideas for next season, let me know. Already thinking of things like:
- Extra administrators so you don't have to wait for me to upload the team before you can vote
- Ratings for managers, refs, opposition, goals etc.
- Optional user registration so you can track your progress
- Comment your ratings and convert it to a messageboard format so it can be posted straight on here
- Integration with the forums if possible
- More people voting!

Good idea.

Also meant to say if anyone has any ideas for next season, let me know. Already thinking of things like:
- Extra administrators so you don't have to wait for me to upload the team before you can vote
- Ratings for managers, refs, opposition, goals etc.
- Optional user registration so you can track your progress
- Comment your ratings and convert it to a messageboard format so it can be posted straight on here
- Integration with the forums if possible
- More people voting!

The numbers of voters is still pretty poor, and allows the scores to be adversely influenced by mongie voting

Did you ever take this to Peter Jones and see if the club were interested in promoting it to a wider audience ?

The numbers of voters is still pretty poor, and allows the scores to be adversely influenced by mongie voting

Did you ever take this to Peter Jones and see if the club were interested in promoting it to a wider audience ?

I did first time round (back in 05ish) and they weren't particularly interested although there was a mention of possibly creating a separate fans award using the ratings and including it as well as the usual fans player of the season rather than a replacement. Suppose it will be worth trying again once the web site is up and running.

If anyone does have any ideas of how this can be promoted to a wider audience, please let me know and if you there is anyone you know who goes to the game and doesn't vote on there for a particular reason, let me know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566