Dyslexia

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKFox

They are all a load of bollocks. Bring back the cane and the lazy feckers would soon start reading properly.

Willlow

I think that'd be spelt c-o-u-s-i-n

:) What i find funny is all these comedians that came on the thread and spelt things wrong. I dont know where they come up with these amazing ideas!

lazzer

I believe that it has become an excuse for kids who struggle with spelling and writing.Rather then spend time helping the kid to learn they lable them dyslexic. It is an easy get out clause for the school and the kid.

I remember a couple of girls at university claiming they were dyslexic and gaining added time for coursework. Strangely it didnt stop them reading gossip magazines within half an hour.

:018: label :081:

lazzer

Doesnt work H ,tried it with Newts. Skunk, Black, no effect whatsoever he just gets the munchies. :102:

Newts reference to drugs was appertaining to ADHD. (Lets rock)

Last edited:

Matt_B

They are both very real but (along with Aspergers and Autism) are sometime diagnosed over-easily, which is a shame because it leads to some of the attitudes on here which are obviously very detrimental to those who genuinly suffer and wish that they didn't (as opposed to people who exagerate/abuse the system)

The Major

My youngest has dyslexia or dyspraxia the experts aren't sure which. It definitely does exist, believe me I've spent hours pulling out my hair trying to get her to read the simplest of words.

She gets a lot of extra help but the school she goes to is next to useless . Thankfully she's changing school next year.

Darth Vodka

They are both very real but (along with Aspergers and Autism) are sometime diagnosed over-easily, which is a shame because it leads to some of the attitudes on here which are obviously very detrimental to those who genuinly suffer and wish that they didn't (as opposed to people who exagerate/abuse the system)

i think i have mild Aspergers

Matt_B

i think i have mild Aspergers

The problem is the symptoms are quite vague, and can be common due to interpretation. Before I met the current missus I knew nothing about it, now I know the symptoms (her brother has it and her mum works with kids with it) I could diagnose most people with mild forms of it, even though they probably don't have it.

Darth Vodka

cook them with some nice chicken wrapped in ham with a nice white sauce and you've got a easy meal there.

can you provide the weight of everything and the exact cooking times

;)

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687