E-Mail to Tim Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFKAKTF FOX

Mr Davies,

I am a dedicated Leicester City fan of over 25 years, I am an existing season ticket holder with my daughter, we sit in the BMI Baby Family Stand, I also attend a high proportion of away games.

Living in Preston, Lancashire, you can understand that this is a significant financial commitment, however the club means everything to me and I could never turn my back on our club, regardless of how dark and depressing our situation.

Writing this email gives me no satisfaction whatsoever, but I feel that I have to make you aware of my feelings, after witnessing quite possibly one of the most disappointing and abject performances from a Leicester City side in what was a game of extreme importance and bearing on our season, the performance of the side against Sheffield Wednesday was poor, I can accept
defeat as long as I see the team giving 110% for the cause. What I witnessed yesterday was a collection of individuals with no affinity for our club, we played without passion, commitment and desire, we accepted defeat far too easily.

When Mr Levein was appointed, I was delighted, and the board should still be congratulated for what at the time was an exciting, brave and innvotative appointment. Mr Levein has done some excellent work in building a young squad that can grow together, granted like every manager there has been some mistakes in the transfer market, but with the high turnover in players over the last 15 or so months that is to be expected.

However I am disappointed that a squad, well capable of finshing in the top ten, is currently sitting in the bottom 3 of a league that can only be described as mediocre, Mr Levein has demonstrated that he can identify talented, young footballers and he has also worked very well in reducing the wage bill, but my concerns are that after 15 months in charge he still appears to be struggling to adapt to English football, and that our current squad appear to be playing with a lack of confidence, commitment, passion and belief.

Mr Levein, whilst appearing articulate in his dealings with the media, does not in my opinion influence the team on match days, on numerous occasions we have in fact in the 2nd half of matches actually performed considerably worse after the half time team talk. During the game there is little in the way of animation from Mr Levein, and when your team is down and struggling, the manager has to be the person who lifts everybody within the club.

Whilst I know it is not my decision, nor am I in a position to be able to influence decision making or be aware of the financial restictions within Leicester City Football Club, I wish to place on record my belief that if Mr Levein remains as manager of our football club then we will be relegated, thus losing our proud record of never playing outside the top two divisions of English football. Whilst regardless of relegation I would continue to
remain a season ticket holder, I am concerned as to the long term effect relegation would have to the clubs finances and to whether we would survive.

I understand the need for stability and continuity, but surely if Mr Levein was replaced, the current squad bar a few exceptions, given the right management and instilled with some true Leicester grit and determination, can survive and without doubt return to the top half of the league next season, I am certain many other managers would love the opportunity to manage a club with a playing squad containing such potential and talent, a club with such excellent facilities and aclub that is still capable of attracting crowds of 20k, even in our current situation.

Mr Davies, I implore you and the board to take urgent action, the club's current plight is heart breaking and you have the opportunity to save our club, we have an excellent squad of youngsters and I am sure relegation would lead to many of these players having to be sold, surely that would be a greater upheaval than replacing the current manager with somebody who can
come in and get this team playing to it's potential, and with at least some passion and commitment.

Kind Regards

This was the e-mail I sent to Tim Davies.

Last edited:
Thank you for your support, our position is certainly heartbreaking. I note your points.

Kind regards

Tim

That is Tim's reply, I find it insulting that having taken time out to send him, what I believe to be a constructive and polite e-mail, this is the "standard" fob off that I have recieved. I dont expect an e-mail giving me confidential information about the club, but at least a reply that has some reference to the points I have made would at least been respectful.

I am very disappointed and angry at what I deem to be a brush off, and based on our current situation and the fact I am a loyal paying customer, I would expect a little more courtesy.

Dear PFKAKTF Fox.

Thankyou for you letter, and your loyal support. I can assure you that I, as the rest of the board, are p**sed off with the s*it we are seeing on the pitch, and we are currently working on a suitable replacement for our current manager. Its time the club took action, and i will be going to the training ground tomorrow myself to put some fire in the bellies of everyone, or else our physio's will be kept busy. Rest assured, your chairman will be kicking ass!

Yours. T Davies

P.S.

please accept this £10 megastore voucher.

Excellent Steve, lets hope he takes note, the least you deserve is a response.

I have a feeling he will be given until after the Plymouth game, and i hope that work is going on behind the scenes to sound out a replacement( just until the end of the season would do).

Having said that my biggest wish would be 6 points from the next 2 games. Things would look a lot rosier but am i hoping for the impossible?

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
Thank you for your support, our position is certainly heartbreaking. I note your points.

Kind regards

Tim

That is Tim's reply, I find it insulting that having taken time out to send him, what I believe to be a constructive and polite e-mail, this is the "standard" fob off that I have recieved. I dont expect an e-mail giving me confidential information about the club, but at least a reply that has some reference to the points I have made would at least been respectful.

I am very disappointed and angry at what I deem to be a brush off, and based on our current situation and the fact I am a loyal paying customer, I would expect a little more courtesy.

WTF - 'our position is certainly heartbreaking' No shit, what you doing about it??

I sent him an email of a similar tone not long before Micky 'resigned'. He told me he had forwarded it to Micky.

I also sent him an email when Makin slagged us of whilst still a player here. He said he forwarded it to Craig, who replied he had already seen the press and the matter was in hand.

Feriol said:
Dear PFKAKTF Fox.

Thankyou for you letter, and your loyal support. I can assure you that I, as the rest of the board, are p**sed off with the s*it we are seeing on the pitch, and we are currently working on a suitable replacement for our current manager. Its time the club took action, and i will be going to the training ground tomorrow myself to put some fire in the bellies of everyone, or else our physio's will be kept busy. Rest assured, your chairman will be kicking ass!

Yours. T Davies

P.S.

please accept this £10 megastore voucher.

Only redeemable when buying 10 or more 121st anniversary XXL adult shirts...

DurhamFox said:
WTF - 'our position is certainly heartbreaking' No shit, what you doing about it??

I sent him an email of a similar tone not long before Micky 'resigned'. He told me he had forwarded it to Micky.

I also sent him an email when Makin slagged us of whilst still a player here. He said he forwarded it to Craig, who replied he had already seen the press and the matter was in hand.

I think Tim may well have recieved a fair few e-mails today and has therefore resorted to a standard response, but I am very disappointed, I bet a high street store wouldnt treat a letter of that nature from a customer with such apathy, rather sums our club up !

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I think Tim may well have recieved a fair few e-mails today and has therefore resorted to a standard response, but I am very disappointed, I bet a high street store wouldnt treat a letter of that nature from a customer with such apathy, rather sums our club up !

i prefer my reply :icon_lol:

the response he has given suggests he doesn't care. I'm not saying he doesn't, but if he gives that impression, the club will loose the fans.

Feriol said:
i prefer my reply :icon_lol:

the response he has given suggests he doesn't care. I'm not saying he doesn't, but if he gives that impression, the club will loose the fans.

I have to admit it has really pissed me off, I was fecking angry and hurt after saturday, but to then recieve that kind of response from our Chief Exec, well I am fecking livid now, no wonder the players show the fans no respect, when the guys at the very top of the tree seem to look down on us with utter distain. Ok I might not be rich enough to invest a large sum of money in the club, but what Mr Davies needs to remember is I am making a fairly sizeable financial commitment tothe club each season, but what the fcuk, there millions out there just waiting to snatch my seat off me, wake up Tim, your attitude stinks.

There are Chief Executives, Directors, Shareholders, Creditors, Debtors and god knows what else attached to this club (even at time's...though very dark ones, administrators)...having said that, we the supporters are the true owners of this club. And I'd love to see the powers that be realise that...without us you haven't got a thing.

I wonder if this might motivate Old timmy to answer your message more thoroughly!!

PFKAKTF FOX said:

That is more than I expected. All you need to ask is, who is going to buy season tickets with CL in charge when we are in Div. 1? Will you (TD) resign when we are relegated to Div. 1. :icon_wink ;)

SilverFox said:
There are Chief Executives, Directors, Shareholders, Creditors, Debtors and god knows what else attached to this club (even at time's...though very dark ones, administrators)...having said that, we the supporters are the true owners of this club. And I'd love to see the powers that be realise that...without us you haven't got a thing.

I wonder if this might motivate Old timmy to answer your message more thoroughly!!

well said :098:

pfkaktf fox my heart goes out to you i would be pi..ed of at that kind of response

should we now take a public stand i just dont know what the answer is

Id be especially p1ssed off now Steve. Some posters on Foxestalk have been invited to meet TD to discuss things.

DurhamFox said:
Id be especially p1ssed off now Steve. Some posters on Foxestalk have been invited to meet TD to discuss things.

Well, well well. :icon_eek:

why the feck does that board always get referred to in the media and now is officially approached by the club. What a load of bollox. That means the board is getting advice off a bunch of idiots who want a squad where every player is under 22 and has to wear nike stretch fit caps. Am I in trouble now?

(ha)

Last edited:
I would actually read more into the fact that he has written so few words. He probably agrees with you but cannot say so for obvious reasons.

If we lose this weekend i expect we will see some action from the board.

lako42 said:
why the feck does that bored always get refered to in the media and now is officially approached by the club. What a load of bollox. That means the bored is getting advice of a bunch of idiots who want a squad where every player is under 22 and has to wear nike stretch fit caps. am i in trouble now?

Not your finest hour lako

:018:

:icon_wink

DurhamFox said:

That should be funny. The fake Tim on Foxestalk was one of the great forum moments.

What happened to the beachballs?.... etc....:081:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670