eBAY Feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcukcov

Just want to gauge an opinion from people, no poll!

I recently purchased 5 items from a seller on eBay. It was equipment for my football team and part of the order was for 2 water bottles. When the order came all of the items were there apart from one water bottle.

I contacted the company and they then sent another water bottle about 2 days later.

I then went and gave positive feedback for all of the items apart from the water bottles. I gave neutral feedback with a comment along the lines of “only delivered 1 of 2 bottles ordered the 1st time, after great communication delivered the 2nd”.

I have now received a rather abusive reply insisting that i change my feedback as I am harming their reputation and feedback score by giving them neutral feedback. She blames it on a picking error in their warehouse and that it was a genuine mistake and these “happen in life”.

I don’t see why I should change it else what is the point of the feedback system. What do you lot think? Should I report them to ebay?

i'd leave it at neutral, you;ve explained what happened. anyone reading it will go "oh seems fair enough"

or change it to negative citing abusive email ;-)

change it to negative citing abusive email ;-)

that would be the best plan, i'd also reply to her email pointing out that their reputation is their problem not yours and it is of no benefit to you to change it-unless she wants to give you some free stuff :)

i'd leave it at neutral, you;ve explained what happened. anyone reading it will go "oh seems fair enough"

or change it to negative citing abusive email ;-)

that would be the best plan, i'd also reply to her email pointing out that their reputation is their problem not yours and it is of no benefit to you to change it-unless she wants to give you some free stuff :)

Im liking the free stuff idea, cheers guys.

I'd tell the cheeky cow to do one ! Feedback is from your experience not what she thinks it should be !!! On another ebay matter my son sold is fender guitar to some bloke who then paid his cash. My son has now been emailing him for a month asking when he wants it, with no reply. :102::icon_lol:

I would tend to agree with the seller in that assuming the item was as described and delivered reasonably promptly despite a slight error, and comms were obviously good, it was really a positive experience. I've had problems with stuff sent to me and as long as the company/individual correct it straight away without dispute then still leave positive feedback.
Neutral feedback should be for slow reply to comms, delay in posting, slight inaccuracies in the description etc with negative being for no shows, shite product, no replies to comms etc. IMO.
However, there's no excuse for abusive comms from either side. When you say abusive, was it threatening, did they use bad language?

This is the problem with eBay. The buyer now has the seller by the balls in situations like these.

I'm with Rhydal on this one, you can judge a compnay on how well they deal with mistakes and problems, in this case they sorted it out for you promptly.

I would tend to agree with the seller in that assuming the item was as described and delivered reasonably promptly despite a slight error, and comms were obviously good, it was really a positive experience. I've had problems with stuff sent to me and as long as the company/individual correct it straight away without dispute then still leave positive feedback.
Neutral feedback should be for slow reply to comms, delay in posting, slight inaccuracies in the description etc with negative being for no shows, shite product, no replies to comms etc. IMO.
However, there's no excuse for abusive comms from either side. When you say abusive, was it threatening, did they use bad language?

Blimey I wish all my customers thought the same when they received a picking error. Im measured against errors in parts per million on a monthly basis and if i get 3 in a month against 30,000 cartons despatched then i have to take my guys through disciplinary. As a customer Leeroy was inconvenienced which is why he rightly left a neutral comment. He would be misleading other punters if he stated his transaction was perfect.As for the email abusive or not thats right of order!

out of interest, what are the biggest thing sold/bought on ebay by tbers?

i've got some random turning up at my house tmr with £317

Just want to gauge an opinion from people, no poll!

I recently purchased 5 items from a seller on eBay. It was equipment for my football team and part of the order was for 2 water bottles. When the order came all of the items were there apart from one water bottle.

I contacted the company and they then sent another water bottle about 2 days later.

I then went and gave positive feedback for all of the items apart from the water bottles. I gave neutral feedback with a comment along the lines of “only delivered 1 of 2 bottles ordered the 1st time, after great communication delivered the 2nd”.

I have now received a rather abusive reply insisting that i change my feedback as I am harming their reputation and feedback score by giving them neutral feedback. She blames it on a picking error in their warehouse and that it was a genuine mistake and these “happen in life”.

I don’t see why I should change it else what is the point of the feedback system. What do you lot think? Should I report them to ebay?

In those circumstances I would have left positive feedback but made a comment mentioning that there had been a problem. I don't think your choosing to leave neutral feedback is wrong though and I don't think you should be swayed by an abusive email demanding that you change it. If the email threatens you or uses foul language, you should certainly consider complaining to eBay about it.

eBay has a complaints procedure which the seller can resort to if she honestly believes that you have been unfair to her. Let her use it.

We resolved the mistake immediately. Mistakes happen in life, this was not intentional. Mistakes that get rectified immediately are not negatives in anyone's book. A neutral would be if it took us 2 weeks to sort out. We sent it immediately as you notified. Please revise to positive. neutrals like this harm our reputation when this was an honest mistake by one of the picking staff. Thank you

Abusive may have been a strong word for it.

Sold an Mercedes SLK 230 Kompressor for about £8000 I think, and sold an Alfa Romeo GT for over £9000.

Most expensive purchase was a Toyota Celica for £1800.

Through one of my ebay sites someone bought an $85k Winnebago, thats the biggest purchase i have seen to date.

My biggest purchase was £650 for a computer.

As to the original question, in the first instance, I would have left favourable feedback, as long as the company quickly rectified the problem; however, I do not like the idea of rude e-mails from the supplier.

We're in a two wrongs situation and, my suggestion is to rise above the situation and prove (as we all know) that you are the better man and change your feedback - although, I thought that once feedback was completed, it was set in stone.

Rover 25. £1,200.

Most terrifying experience of my life travelling to an industrial estate in Wigan with it in cash.

I had a similar experience with Amazon feedback; I ordered some boots through a High Street shoe chain's Amazon store. The website had said that they were in stock. I had emailed several times to ask when the boots were going to be despatched, and had no response, but after two and a bit weeks, I had an email telling me that they were in fact out of stock. This was one of those transactions where payment had been made on my credit card, and had to be refunded, which was a pain as the refund didn't reach my account until after I had paid, leaving my credit card in credit!

When I emailed them to say that they should have contacted me sooner to tell me that there was no stock, they said that they didn't want to do this as they wanted to try and source them direct from a store. I replied to say that over two weeks was unreasonable, and that they should have contacted me sooner and given me the choice of letting them see if they could get the boots in, or to cancel the order to allow me to find another pair elsewhere (I wanted them especially for an night out, which had been and gone by the time they got in touch). I said that I would be mentioning this on their feedback, and had no response.

Needless to say, when I filled out the feedback, which I explained my scoring in the comments section, the company contacted me to ask me to remove the comments, and leave positive feedback as it was affecting their overall score. I had to reply and go over the whole story again, and explain I didn't see any reason to leave positive feedback, and if they could point out something that was positive, then to email me back with details.

They never did.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4585
5West Brom4573
6Norwich City4573
7Hull City4469