EDL Plan March In Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed how such an insignificant bunch of ****s can command so much time and interest.

I'm amazed how such an insignificant bunch of ****s can command so much time and interest.

I am not sure whether this is aimed at the EDL or the UAF but it is true about both. Extremists need each other because the clashes then give them the publicity.

There are about 300,000 people in Leicester plus about 150,000 just outside the boundary. There were only a couple of thousand EDL supporters and it seems most of these were bused in. There were about 600 UAF supporters again it seems many coming from outside.

These groups clearly had hardly any support from the wise people of Leicester.

These groups clearly had hardly any support from the w*s* people of Leicester.

But they are well supported amongst the not so wise people of Leicester.
Just because not all of them are prepared to march through the streets with them, doesn't mean that they aren't widely supported

"Going to jail" might be a bit previous, but bragging about your antics can certainly come back to bite you.
This was posted on youtube earlier today:

[YOUTUBE]-Y6e-jSsc9A[/YOUTUBE]

:icon_bigg

One of the many things I hate about these events is that they give the impression these people - EDL and UAF - represent any significant number of people. Busing in their supporters their numbers were still pathetically small.

At the very height of fascism in this country before Hitler destroyed its credibility for ever and under the leadership of a very well known and able leader Oswald Mosley did not get a single Fascist elected.

In the 1945 election when the Soviet Union was actually popular and the mood was more left wing than ever before or since the Communists managed just two MPs. They then lost their seats in 1950.No Communist has won a seat in Parliament for sixty six years

The three main parties (five if you include Wales and Scotland) have many faults and we all complain about them and often rightly but they represent the real thread of British opinion.

Historians will know that the 1930s was the age of extremism when Germany had Hitler, Italy Mussolini, Russia Stalin and Spain Franco. The English Defence League should remember that in that extreme climate the right wing English voted for Stanley Baldwin and the left wing English voted for Clement Attlee - tolerant, moderate and decent men who represented the real England.

There is an anger in this country due to the cuts but whether people blame Brown Cameron or Clegg it is worth remembering Churchill's comment that "Democracy is the worst form of government - except for all the other forms of government."

The three main parties (five if you include Wales and Scotland) have many faults and we all complain about them and often rightly but they represent the real thread of British opinion.

Not sure that I agree with David. They represent themselves and themselves only.

For the past 10 years or so, they've gone out of their way to frighten the British public, and beyond, about scary, scary Muslims coming to murder everybody in their beds, to justify their disgusting wars.
This kind of scaremongering has polarised both communities and created a perfect recruiting tactic for both the likes of the EDL and for Islamic extremist groups.

But not to worry, so long as they get their grubby hands on the oil and gas and as long as they get all the the weaponry contracts, who cares?

JIHAD, JIHAD, DUKKA, DUKKA!!! ALLAH AKBAR!!!
AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! Run!!! The Ragheads are coming!!!!

Not sure that I agree with David. They represent themselves and themselves only.

For the past 10 years or so, they've gone out of their way to frighten the British public, and beyond, about scary, scary Muslims coming to murder everybody in their beds, to justify their disgusting wars.
This kind of scaremongering has polarised both communities and created a perfect recruiting tactic for both the likes of the EDL and for Islamic extremist groups.

But not to worry, so long as they get their grubby hands on the oil and gas and as long as they get all the the weaponry contracts, who cares?

JIHAD, JIHAD, DUKKA, DUKKA!!! ALLAH AKBAR!!!
AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! Run!!! The Ragheads are coming!!!!

Good heavens!
A touch of extremism in the above comment I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669