EDL Plan March In Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people I know who are going to attend will defiantely be kicking off at some point. They plan to wear burkas and niqabs to hide their ID .

The EDL have proved capable of finding trouble without having the UAF around.

So what will baning a march do to stop this?

The point is the UAF are there to provoke trouble, without them there the level of dissorder would be significantly lower.

So what will baning a march do to stop this?

The point is the UAF are there to provoke trouble, without them there the level of dissorder would be significantly lower.

Um, you seem to be getting a little confused here. The EDL are coming to provoke disorder and if they didn't turn up there would be no trouble. The UAF will add to the problems, sure, but without the UAF the EDL ****wits still find some reason to kick off.

Interesting article/video from May this year in the Guardian.

11 mins (ish) shows what could happen when the EDL are held in one area.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what time this is planned for? Me and my dad are considering going with our cameras to take some pics.

Does anyone know what time this is planned for? Me and my dad are considering going with our cameras to take some pics.

I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting to take pictures, but do you not think that it would be better to stay away. The fewer people who are in the vacinity the better, and will be easier for the police to manage.

Oh and if you've not watched the video I posted above, it may be worth checking the EDL reactions to photographers at previous demonstrations.

EDIT: Just realised I directed you to a video that I didn't post
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/may/28/english-defence-league-guardian-investigation

Last edited:
I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting to take pictures, but do you not think that it would be better to stay away. The fewer people who are in the vacinity the better, and will be easier for the police to manage.

Oh and if you've not watched the video I posted above, it may be worth checking the EDL reactions to photographers at previous demonstrations.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/may/28/english-defence-league-guardian-investigation

The Guardian with a sensationalist shit rag of a story there.

I just think there might be some decent reportage shots, I don't agree with them at all.

However, over the last four months the Guardian has attended its demonstrations and witnessed racism, violence and virulent Islamophobia.

I've seen and heard that at football - maybe we should ban people attending that too?

And work.

At least Coalville will be pretty empty this Saturday.......

We've been advised by the police to not open the shop up on Saturday. I think this warning has gone to all shops on Granby Street, Humberstone Gate, Gallowtree Gate and High Street

We've been advised by the police to not open the shop up on Saturday. I think this warning has gone to all shops on Granby Street, Humberstone Gate, Gallowtree Gate and High Street

My office is closed this saturday too, and its my saturday to work. I wonder if the EDL have any plans to make this a monthly event? :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669