Eng Vs SL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got something special from Nixon and Bopara - but it wasn't enough.

Bopara needed three from the last ball to win, but he was bowled.

Sri Lanka won by two runs.

Gutted....and pissed off at the top 4 batsmen - Vaughan and Joyce for failing and Bell and KP for getting themselves out when set. They only needed less than a run a ball for fecks sake and KP tried to hit Murali out of the ground :icon_roll

Also pissed off at Mahmood for the 4 extras he conceded in the last over, as usual, which would have won us the match without them :mad: :mad:

Nail-biting listening to TMS. Gutted. I believed if we got to within 70 with 10 left, we were in.

Bopara and Nixon heroes.

Vaughan and Flintoff both need a severe ticking off and also KP.

Pietersen is getting on me nerves, he has incredible potential, knocks a 50, saving England and then Murali comes on and he starts acting like its his own personal duel. Whacks for a 4 and then tries something special again. How many times does KP get 50 and then allow his extraordinary large chip on the shoulder get in the way. He could have knocked another 30 at least

And we should have had a run when Fernando do his false run-up on last ball.

Last edited:
but how good has Nixon been in the WC? shoving the critics words right back at them....

Pietersen is getting on me nerves, he has incredible potential, knocks a 50, saving England and then Murali comes on and he starts acting like its his own personal duel. Whacks for a 4 and then tries something special again. How many times does KP get 50 and then allow his extraordinary large chip on the shoulder get in the way. He could have knocked enough 30.

Exactly Hazz.

Not a great Cricket fan but watched the last 6 overs,can't quite understand that you have a No.8 Batsman in a one day match who can't bat,England lost when Nixon was out the other guy who came in was hopeless.

Also pissed off at Mahmood for the 4 extras he conceded in the last over, as usual, which would have won us the match without them :mad: :mad:
I wondered how costly that would be when he did it.
Useless fecking camel.

Not a great Cricket fan but watched the last 6 overs,can't quite understand that you have a No.8 Batsman in a one day match who can't bat,England lost when Nixon was out the other guy who came in was hopeless.

Assuming you mean number 9, you shouldn't need a number 9 batsman in a 50 over match if the rest of your batsmen are any good.
How often do the likes of Australia and South Africa need to bat that far down the order?

Last edited:
Bell(end) let an easy one slip thru to give the Sri Lankans a run they shouldn't have got. It crossed my mind then that ' what if its a close match '.
Imo Vaughan shouldn't be in the one day side. A very good captain at test match level, but ineffective in the one day game both as a player and captain.
Freddie will only be remembered in this world cup for his pedlo antics.
I don't blame Pietersen who i believe alongside Collingwood and Nixon are the few that can hold their heads high in this world cup. Vaughan commented about players having to go on and reach big scores once they were in, well at least the likes of Pietersen gets to a reasonable total before chucking it away.

This was a bad result for the world cup in general. The four semi-finalists are now nailed on certanties meaning another month of cricket with only 3 worthwhile competitive games to watch

Just like the football team, they always let you down.

The player that let us down were Vaughan, Joyce, Collingwood and Flintoff. None of them contributed with the bat.

I thought Bopara and Nixon were excellent and both answered the critics questions about their inclusion.

Bell was unlucky to be given out, he grounded his bat and then it bounced up and the 3rd umpire gave him out!!

At the end of the day we wanted 3 from the last ball and Fernando delivered a good delivery. Although if I was Bopara I would have walked away from the stumps as he was about to bowl, thought his stunt with not letting go of the ball was very poor!

Last edited:
Bell(end) let an easy one slip thru to give the Sri Lankans a run they shouldn't have got. It crossed my mind then that ' what if its a close match '.
Imo Vaughan shouldn't be in the one day side. A very good captain at test match level, but ineffective in the one day game both as a player and captain.
Freddie will only be remembered in this world cup for his pedlo antics.
I don't blame Pietersen who i believe alongside Collingwood and Nixon are the few that can hold their heads high in this world cup. Vaughan commented about players having to go on and reach big scores once they were in, well at least the likes of Pietersen gets to a reasonable total before chucking it away.

This was a bad result for the world cup in general. The four semi-finalists are now nailed on certanties meaning another month of cricket with only 3 worthwhile competitive games to watch

Just like the football team, they always let you down.

We can still get into the semis all we have to do is beat Australia and S.Africa :icon_wink

Was vaughan out because he played at the ball? I was expecting a wide as it was down leg side?

Cheers you southern ponce....

how's it going, are you starting to speak the queen'e english yet?

TECHNICALLY, Im not a southern ponce until Saturday! That is when I move into my flat. SO until then Im going to make the most of calling you a Southern Ponce! :icon_bigg

MK IS A SOUTHERN PONCE!!!

The job is going well though, enjoying doing work that actually relates to my degree. I dont think I have picked up the cockerney accent yet but im sure in time I will turn to the dark side :icon_redf

Thats what I like about you Brauny, your always looking on the bright side of life! :icon_roll :icon_bigg

Your not old enough Willlow to have built up the number of disappointments that Englands teams have dished out over the years.
But you will learn in time:icon_wink
The older ones amongst us expect failure and lets face it they don't disappoint.
Theres more chance of city making the play-offs than England reaching the semi-finals now.

Assuming you mean number 9, you shouldn't need a number 9 batsman in a 50 over match if the rest of your batsmen are any good.
How often do the likes of Australia and South Africa need to bat that far down the order?

I really wouldn't know not being a great Cricket fan,but from what I know that guy who was No.9 isn't much of a bowler either so I kind of wonder what he's doing in the side:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669