England squad to face France (friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither do I really. I'm not sure why I'm getting involved.
Bizarrely, I do. I hope he has a shite game and the interest from Premiership teams dies off so he can complete the season here.
I fear he will have a stormer though on current form.

Can't really say he's any worse than Crouch, Davies or even Carroll

None of them are international class in a squillion years, but that's just the piss poor state of English football, I'm afraid

Is Steve Howard on standby ?

None of them are international class in a squillion years, but that's just the piss poor state of English football, I'm afraid

Well Sven compares him to Christian Vieri :icon_eek: so you never know

"He is a winner," said Eriksson. "He is not the youngest we have but he is doing very well and, more or less every time he goes on to the pitch, he scores a goal. He is a similar type of player to Christian Vieri, that kind of player

Last edited:

I think Carroll can/will be though. But I agree about Davies and that's why I don't understand people complaining about him not being picked. He's still at Bolton for a reason.

I'm glad Gibbs and Carroll are starting. Have to say though, I know nothing about Jordan Henderson.

Agreed, what a complete shower of shit. Hopefully the inclusion of these players alerts all delusional England fans that we are woefully short of the quality required to succeed on the World Stage.

Good to see Carroll & Henderson in the England set-up, but players that are doing better in the league and should have at least be given a chance:

Marc Albrighton
Danny Welback
Scott Parker
Leighton Baines
Stewart Downing
Kevin Nolan
Danny Simpson
Matt Jarvis
Matt Etherington

No Fabio Cockpella went for:
Barry
Smalling - WTF
C.Cole
Lescott
Richards

Hume!

Absolute pile of shite

Had to turn the sound off so I didn't have to listen to those two twats masturbating over the very average Andy Carroll

Pitiful stuff

I think Carroll has been ok and done well what hes there. Best of a bad bunch at the minute. For me 4-5-1 is a hard formation to pull off effectively. I'm not sure England should really be playing with a target man as I don't think it's that effective on the international stage.

What I don't get is... why is Capello hanging around if intends to **** off before the next big tournament anyway? Surely it would be better to get rid now and give the new man more time to 'gel in'.

What I don't get is... why is Capello hanging around if intends to **** off before the next big tournament anyway? Surely it would be better to get rid now and give the new man more time to 'gel in'.

He's not - he's here until the end of the European Championships (assuming we qualify)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669