England v India

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have to fail, at least do it knocking out the World Champions. After the fecking choas Indian cricket fans caused on the roads of Leicester after winning the T20, I felt like going on Melton Road causing a massive roadblock.

All about whether we can get the Windies top 5 out today.

If you have to fail, at least do it knocking out the World Champions. After the fecking choas Indian cricket fans caused on the roads of Leicester after winning the T20, I felt like going on Melton Road causing a massive roadblock.

All about whether we can get the Windies top 5 out today.

In terms of batting they are like us in that they only have one truly explosive hitter in Gayle. This game could depend on how much England can get up for it, only 24hrs after a great result against the Indians.
I'd hope that the fact England have already dominated them in the test and one day series, they might have a psychological edge.:102:

After watching the Indies in their last couple of games, Gayle looks injured and homesick whilst the other lads around him at the top order are in great touch. The fella Simmonds is up in the top five boundary hitters this tournament.

i was there yesterday, it was awesome, but with a bit of an iffy atmosphers.
the england team booed on to its own pitch by the 15,000 brit indians in the crowd, the national anthem booed. A bit of a disgrace really. Would have made headlines if the other way round.....
On the pitch we won because of 5 wides on the penultimate ball + our bowling attack have turned into bullies on the international stage over the last year. Broad and Anderson bowling 90mph well directed bouncers. They've both built pace over the last 2 years - bodes well. Even Sidebottom bowling 88mph.

Last edited:
i was there yesterday, it was awesome, but with a bit of an iffy atmosphers.
the england team booed on to its own pitch by the 15,000 brit indians in the crowd, the national anthem booed. A bit of a disgrace really. Would have made headlines if the other way round.....
On the pitch we won because of 5 wides on the penultimate ball + our bowling attack have turned into bullies on the international stage over the last year. Broad and Anderson bowling 90mph well directed bouncers. They've both built pace over the last 2 years - bodes well. Even Sidebottom bowling 88mph.

One thing about England supporters is that we never boo, whistle or whatever during other nations athems - I've always taken a lot of pride in the impeccable behaviour of English soccer supporters abroad; then there is the oldie worldie decorum shown by the West Terrace at Headingley. Then there is the Barmy Army on tour - who have never spoilt cricket lovers enjoyment at overseas tests by resorting to mindless, droning chants.

We are just so fortunate.

Pathetic performance by India. Jadeja should never have gone in, in that situation.

Total disgrace.

Although the reality is; we were knocked out in the Group stage and can still finish ahead of England :icon_wink

SA vs SL final IMO.

We were booing at Trent Bridge playing South Africa...

I'm amazed Hazzman.

What English supporters booing -I've never heard of anything like it.

Even when Ronaldo gor Rooney sent off in the last World Cup, the English supporters just politely applauded Ronaldo and following that he was warmly received the next season at every Premiership ground.

And as I say those friendly people watching internationals at Headingley from the West Terrace would be as likely to terrorise a fellow Engliand supporter as a visiting fan (and often do by mid-afternoon).

I'm amazed Hazzman.

What English supporters booing -I've never heard of anything like it.

Even when Ronaldo gor Rooney sent off in the last World Cup, the English supporters just politely applauded Ronaldo and following that he was warmly received the next season at every Premiership ground.

And as I say those friendly people watching internationals at Headingley from the West Terrace would be as likely to terrorise a fellow Engliand supporter as a visiting fan (and often do by mid-afternoon).

Rondaldo has got antlers:102:

Bloody Leeds thugs get everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673