England v India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

England 153 for 7

Yet again a frustrating effort by Englands batsman.
Another poor start (4 for 1 after 2 overs). Good innings by KP, but the rest seem clueless on how to put momentum into the innings.
Whats the point in sending Mascharenas up the order if he is only going to nudge singles:102:

Not enough imo, i expect India to win from here.

England 153 for 7

Yet again a frustrating effort by Englands batsman.
Another poor start (4 for 1 after 2 overs). Good innings by KP, but the rest seem clueless on how to put momentum into the innings.
Whats the point in sending Mascharenas up the order if he is only going to nudge singles:102:

Not enough imo, i expect India to win from here.

I thought the same but with hindsight it wasn't an easy pitch to score quickly. I think it was a good idea for Mascharenas to get some more time at the crease, since Colly and Foster have been pretty much useless to date with the bat.

Great win, probably the best by England in Twenty20. Just got to do it again tomorrow night!

I thought the same but with hindsight it wasn't an easy pitch to score quickly. I think it was a good idea for Mascharenas to get some more time at the crease, since Colly and Foster have been pretty much useless to date with the bat.

Great win, probably the best by England in Twenty20. Just got to do it again tomorrow night!

Englands bowlers stepped up to the plate, but i still think we got away with it. They had a reasonable platform at the halfway stage in their batting to reach 170+. They only got 153 because of being gifted 10 runs from 2 wides bowled by the Indians.
There is an element of lottery about 20/20 but i just dont think England have got a strong enough team.
Where would they be without Pietersens batting:102:

Englands bowlers stepped up to the plate, but i still think we got away with it. They had a reasonable platform at the halfway stage in their batting to reach 170+. They only got 153 because of being gifted 10 runs from 2 wides bowled by the Indians.
There is an element of lottery about 20/20 but i just dont think England have got a strong enough team.
Where would they be without Pietersens batting:102:

I agree with everything you have said. If Yuvraj had got in before the run rate got to double figures it would have been different.

Nevertheless, the score was not bad in the context of Lords Twenty20s
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine...nd=10;template=results;type=team;view=innings

I can't recall us winning a "big" match in any cricket World Cup since 1992 until tonight.

Last edited:
:icon_lol:

He'll be back on tomorrow night after we lose to the Windies....

Crap weather tomorrow apparently, so its good job the game is in London as potentially Trent Bridge could be a washout.
That scenario would send England out, so here's hoping that at least we get the chance to play.

Enjoy it, after today you'll be out as well ;), well played yesteday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670