England v Superstars

Status
Not open for further replies.

enderby fox

For anyone that is bothered about this match, who do you think will play tomorrow? I'd go with this if all fit

Bell
Prior
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
Shah
Wright
Patel
Broad
Harmison
Anderson

Unlucky on Sidebottom but i'm an Anderson fan and he is far superior in the field. Perhaps only 2nd to Collingwood. I think catches could be crucial in this match and he has a great pair of hands.

I'm a big believer in getting your best batsman in at 3 and thats why i have dropped shah down the order to put Pietersen in at 3. I feel shah is more effective when dealing with the situation in the later overs.

Crucial that prior uses the power play overs and i'd still keep bell as the anchor of the side to play the majority of the overs and keep the scorebored ticking.

I reckon 170-200 will be a competitive score and something England can defend.

I hope they either lose or else the match gets called off for some reason. Disgraceful how England have allowed themselves to be hired for a billionaires ego trip.

It's a waste of time...the only interest it holds is that of the players, not the fans. We just want to see good cricket regardless of circumstance - good pitch, good players and decent floodlights.

Not been very impressed with the circus surrounding this series. Selling the game out by making a national side, a couple of 'county' sides and a team of 'superstars' a rich-man's plaything, along with the IPL, is wrecking the sport. I'm not against the T20 format of the game but for it to be exploited so quickly is something the ICC need to look at. They are right to not allow the games to count towards player/country ratings.
Would this ever happen in football? Chairmen can take the p!ss with a club but they cant put on a mini tournament for the hell of it, especially if involved a national side - FIFA simply wouldnt allow it.
But yeah, its hear now and its not going to go away - as much as petersen and co want it to finish (guess they now realise what they've signed up for after chasing the pound signs). With a shot morale and with the superstars playing so well last night i can only see the SS winning.
I've heard this series, because of the ECB's contract with Stanford, will be a yearly event - anyone know if there's any truth in this? I seriously hope there isnt (unless they want to play Fleckney Village next year!).

These players would ordinarily be in nets. At least they get to do a bit of team bonding/match practice.And if they win, the moaning might take a back seat.

That said, its hardly setting the Cricketing World alight.

Not been very impressed with the circus surrounding this series. Selling the game out by making a national side, a couple of 'county' sides and a team of 'superstars' a rich-man's plaything, along with the IPL, is wrecking the sport. I'm not against the T20 format of the game but for it to be exploited so quickly is something the ICC need to look at. They are right to not allow the games to count towards player/country ratings.
Would this ever happen in football? Chairmen can take the p!ss with a club but they cant put on a mini tournament for the hell of it, especially if involved a national side - FIFA simply wouldnt allow it.
But yeah, its hear now and its not going to go away - as much as petersen and co want it to finish (guess they now realise what they've signed up for after chasing the pound signs). With a shot morale and with the superstars playing so well last night i can only see the SS winning.
I've heard this series, because of the ECB's contract with Stanford, will be a yearly event - anyone know if there's any truth in this? I seriously hope there isnt (unless they want to play Fleckney Village next year!).

I believe it is a 5 years contract - I agree the whole thing was not a good idea and I think was only agreed by the ECB as a sop to central contracted players who were not able to play in the IPL/ICL.

Unfortunately they have sold the good name of the England team to something which looks extremely shabby.

The result means nothing in terms of cricket or prestige - just money for individual players. Not good.

I believe it is a 5 years contract - I agree the whole thing was not a good idea and I think was only agreed by the ECB as a sop to central contracted players who were not able to play in the IPL/ICL.

Unfortunately they have sold the good name of the England team to something which looks extremely shabby.

The result means nothing in terms of cricket or prestige - just money for individual players. Not good.

There are ways and means to get out of a contract so it wouldn't surprise me if the ECB looked at pulling out.

It makes me laugh when i see stanford walking around the ground with his tan. He's always trying to talk to everyone. I can't fault his love for the game as i genuinely believe he does but like its been said previously, it really just is his plaything. God i hope i win the euromillions one day and i might do the same in enderby :081:

i'd love Enderby superstars, Australia, Enderby CC and England in a mini tournament for 20 sniffs

For anyone that is bothered about this match, who do you think will play tomorrow? I'd go with this if all fit

Bell
Prior
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
Shah
Wright
Patel
Broad
Harmison
Anderson

Unlucky on Sidebottom but i'm an Anderson fan and he is far superior in the field. Perhaps only 2nd to Collingwood. I think catches could be crucial in this match and he has a great pair of hands.

I'm a big believer in getting your best batsman in at 3 and thats why i have dropped shah down the order to put Pietersen in at 3. I feel shah is more effective when dealing with the situation in the later overs.

Crucial that prior uses the power play overs and i'd still keep bell as the anchor of the side to play the majority of the overs and keep the scorebored ticking.

I reckon 170-200 will be a competitive score and something England can defend.

Anderson and Sidebottom both miss out..........

God i hope i win the euromillions one day and i might do the same in enderby :081:

i'd love Enderby superstars, Australia, Enderby CC and England in a mini tournament for 20 sniffs

I would win thunderball and set up a rival: Fleckney superstars, Fleckney Village CC and India (guarenteed tkt sales). To make up the numbers I'd get a smaller local club called Kibworth :icon_wink

In all seriousness tho, Mr Stanford is making a mockery of the series by his antics. I agree he deffo loves the sport, but i doubt he's ever had a day out a lords and seen how organisers and spectators behave there. His walks around the ground remind me of the behaviour of Sam Hamman at Cardiff.

Also whilst on this kind of cricket selling out topic Pakistan are looking at playing their home matches (tests and onedayers) in Headingly and/or Dubai - cha-ching!

Last edited:
:icon_eek:

Wow i'm hugely surprised that they've left anderson out. For me if Swann was to be brought in then i'd of thought Wright would have made way as he can bat too and andersons fielding is top notch

I am really that surprised and am now hoping we dont win as i've always been a jimmy anderson fan and so will throw my toys out the pram and support the superstars against the English select eleven lol

Wow i'm hugely surprised that they've left anderson out. For me if Swann was to be brought in then i'd of thought Wright would have made way as he can bat too and andersons fielding is top notch

I am really that surprised and am now hoping we dont win as i've always been a jimmy anderson fan and so will throw my toys out the pram and support the superstars against the English select eleven lol

Macky will be on your case if you use "lol". :icon_bigg :icon_wink

Maybe he has been badly affected by the bug that has gone through the England side? :102:

Nobodys fielding is top notch under those lights :icon_wink

I'm not that surprised Jimmy has been left out, we all know he can go for a few and the pitch apparently doesnt really suit swing bowling.

I'm gutted that hes been bowling his heart out for the past year though while Harmison has putting his feet up, and can suddenly change his mind when $1m is put on the table.

I think it was a poor decision to make the rewards for playing so great, you cant tell me that there wont be some friction in the camp if Luke Wright becomes a millionaire while three test regulars sit on watching dont.

As for the game, Ive never liked the idea of it and am scared of this whole T20 revolution shit. Its going to well and truly **** up cricket :( I don't really think England can complain though because its always been about the money and was cooked up to try and prevent and IPL/ICL defections.

Anyone watching? Hopefully this match will be good for the neutrals.

England out to bat first.

From the two teams: Shah & Gayle are my men to watch with the bat.

Flintoff & Powell with the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670