England World Cup Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips

Forwards: Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney

Han

I'd expect these to go:

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips

Willlow

This has made Sky Sports News look a bit stupid, they made a big song and dance this morning about how shocking it was that Owen hargreaves was going to get picked for the squad.

Willlow

Bobby for England ! Bobby For England ! .... O wait

Zamora is injured, think he might make it back for the UEFA final but doubt he would play the whole game. Also apparently Barry is going to miss out on the world cup as well with an injury

Willlow

From looking at this squad how are we third favourite?

lcfc lad

only 1 right back and 3 left backs?! swp is a reserve team player at man city too. some strange decisions

homer

only 1 right back and 3 left backs?! swp is a reserve team player at man city too. some strange decisions

Carragher can play right back, and looks pretty certain to be on the plane to me, if not in the starting eleven

Better him than that bastard Gary Neville

Last edited:

lcfc lad

its not his strongest position tho and johnson has hardly been fit all season so there is the strong possibility that we're going to have carragher playing out of position for the world cup. he's so slow, didnt play in any qualifiers and hasnt been very good this season. worrying.

Babylon

From looking at this squad how are we third favourite?

We're only third favourites in this country. Put a bet on in Argentina and we'll probably be about 10th favourite.

Willlow

We're only third favourites in this country. Put a bet on in Argentina and we'll probably be about 10th favourite.

Good point :icon_bigg

Apparently rumour has it that Capello tried to convince Scholes to come out of international retirement :icon_eek:

Graz

Good point :icon_bigg

Apparently rumour has it that Capello tried to convince Scholes to come out of international retirement :icon_eek:

Not rumour, Capello has said himself he tried.

Which I don't really understand! But oh well

Is Micah Richards injured? Would rather have him there than Carragher

Last edited:

Graz

I'd expect these to go:

Swap Aaron Lennon in for Adam Johnson, and I agree.

I'd like Bent to go personally.... prefer him to be than Cole, Zamora or the others being mentioned, so I'm glad... but he won't take 5 strikers I'm guessing, so Bent will miss out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669