England World Cup Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips

Forwards: Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney

I'd expect these to go:

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips

This has made Sky Sports News look a bit stupid, they made a big song and dance this morning about how shocking it was that Owen hargreaves was going to get picked for the squad.

Bobby for England ! Bobby For England ! .... O wait

Zamora is injured, think he might make it back for the UEFA final but doubt he would play the whole game. Also apparently Barry is going to miss out on the world cup as well with an injury

From looking at this squad how are we third favourite?

only 1 right back and 3 left backs?! swp is a reserve team player at man city too. some strange decisions

Carragher can play right back, and looks pretty certain to be on the plane to me, if not in the starting eleven

Better him than that bastard Gary Neville

Last edited:
its not his strongest position tho and johnson has hardly been fit all season so there is the strong possibility that we're going to have carragher playing out of position for the world cup. he's so slow, didnt play in any qualifiers and hasnt been very good this season. worrying.

From looking at this squad how are we third favourite?

We're only third favourites in this country. Put a bet on in Argentina and we'll probably be about 10th favourite.

We're only third favourites in this country. Put a bet on in Argentina and we'll probably be about 10th favourite.

Good point :icon_bigg

Apparently rumour has it that Capello tried to convince Scholes to come out of international retirement :icon_eek:

Good point :icon_bigg

Apparently rumour has it that Capello tried to convince Scholes to come out of international retirement :icon_eek:

Not rumour, Capello has said himself he tried.

Which I don't really understand! But oh well

Is Micah Richards injured? Would rather have him there than Carragher

Last edited:
I'd expect these to go:

Swap Aaron Lennon in for Adam Johnson, and I agree.

I'd like Bent to go personally.... prefer him to be than Cole, Zamora or the others being mentioned, so I'm glad... but he won't take 5 strikers I'm guessing, so Bent will miss out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566