English Carnival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats it called?

So the point you're trying to make is that you want a carnival that's called an "English carnival".

How exactly would that differ from the traditional carnivals that take place all over the county every summer? I suspect it wouldn't.

There's no point calling them English carnivals, because people would already know that's what they are.
This is England. Most things in the country are English. It's only when things differ from the norm that they are given names that describe how they differ.

:icon_bigg I love the way your mind works Bob. I wish you were my dad.

If you were my son, all you would do is borrow money off me and never pay it back. I think we'll leave things as they are, thank you.

So the point you're trying to make is that you want a carnival that's called an "English carnival".

How exactly would that differ from the traditional carnivals that take place all over the county every summer? I suspect it wouldn't.

This is England. Most things in the country are English. It's only when things differ from the norm that they are given names that describe how they differ.

Well yeah, we have a specifically named Caribbean carnival, we have Diwali, Gay pride, a Sikh carnival with illegal sword carrying, all funded by the tax payer, why not an English named carnival funded by the tax payer, celebrating English culture.

"traditional" carnivals aren't specifically English, and are they tax funded?

So, this is England, all the more reason to celebrate English culture, the prodomanent culture, the culture of people that raisies the most percentagely in taxes, well atleast thats still the case, not long to go now before theres no prodomanent culture in Leicester. Maybe thats the thing, become a minority and then you get looked after.

So, this is England, all the more reason to celebrate English culture, the prodomanent culture, the culture of people that raisies the most percentagely in taxes, well atleast thats still the case, not long to go now before theres no prodomanent culture in Leicester. Maybe thats the thing, become a minority and then you get looked after.

Leicester City council are using your taxes to pay for the Castle Park Heritage & Arts Festival, which takes place later this month.

"Castle Park Heritage and Arts Festival embraces Leicester's heritage with lively events, activities and performances for all ages helping to commemorate the past, present and future within the historic heart of the city.

From humble beginnings the Castle Park Festival has grown into one of the city's most popular events and this year celebrates the 20th year of the festival with a specially commissioned play 'A Minstrel's Tale'. The festival culminates in a family day at Castle Gardens and evening concert by Eddi Reader at Leicester Cathedral. "

It includes:

Family Fun - try the family challenge, hunt for ghosts, dress up, follow Hansel and Gretel's footsteps and enjoy the festival family fun day.

Guided Walks - ranging from the ghostly and the gruesome to life in Leicester during the Second World War.

Arts & Crafts - art exhibitions, badge making or design your coat of arms

Hidden Gems - discover some of treasures of this area such as Newarke Houses Garden, Jain Centre, All Saints Church, Leicester Castle and John O'Gaunts Cellar.

Lectures & Talks - find out about customs and legends and the people who shaped the area.

I got bored with you on FT. I'm not going to start arguing on here. Anyone who thinks the world is run by evil jewish space reptiles is beyond help anyway.

I agree, reptiles, what a ridiculous observation. Only an idiot would come up with something like that to argue against me with.

Now Jews, or more to the point, monsters that give good Jews a terrible name in the world, that evolve from the Frankfurt born Jew Amschel Mayer Rothschild, do have alot of power in the world, more power than Obama could ever dream of, but atleast he's at the bottom of the power ladder, not bad. HoR wealth £200,000,000,000,000 ? WHO can compete with that??????????

o, this is England, all the more reason to celebrate English culture, the prodomanent culture, the culture of people that raisies the most percentagely in taxes, well atleast thats still the case, not long to go now before theres no prodomanent culture in Leicester.

The culture that makes up the most new words?

Well yeah, we have a specifically named Caribbean carnival, we have Diwali, Gay pride, a Sikh carnival with illegal sword carrying, all funded by the tax payer, why not an English named carnival funded by the tax payer, celebrating English culture.

Is 'Gay' not English-named, and an intrinsic part of English culture? Seems like you should get yourself down there and enjoy yourself.

Although that might pefhaps conflict with getting in with some of the older 'English' religious celebrations you also seem to want to go to.

Leicester City council are using your taxes to pay for the Castle Park Heritage & Arts Festival, which takes place later this month.

"Castle Park Heritage and Arts Festival embraces Leicester's heritage with lively events, activities and performances for all ages helping to commemorate the past, present and future within the historic heart of the city.

From humble beginnings the Castle Park Festival has grown into one of the city's most popular events and this year celebrates the 20th year of the festival with a specially commissioned play 'A Minstrel's Tale'. The festival culminates in a family day at Castle Gardens and evening concert by Eddi Reader at Leicester Cathedral. "

It includes:

Family Fun - try the family challenge, hunt for ghosts, dress up, follow Hansel and Gretel's footsteps and enjoy the festival family fun day.

Guided Walks - ranging from the ghostly and the gruesome to life in Leicester during the Second World War.

Arts & Crafts - art exhibitions, badge making or design your coat of arms

Hidden Gems - discover some of treasures of this area such as Newarke Houses Garden, Jain Centre, All Saints Church, Leicester Castle and John O'Gaunts Cellar.

Lectures & Talks - find out about customs and legends and the people who shaped the area.

All good, but not specifically English, nor called English.

"traditional" carnivals aren't specifically English, and are they tax funded?

I agree, reptiles, what a ridiculous observation. Only an idiot would come up with something like that to argue against me with.

Now Jews, or more to the point, monsters that give good Jews a terrible name in the world, that evolve from the Frankfurt born Jew Amschel Mayer Rothschild, do have alot of power in the world, more power than Obama could ever dream of, but atleast he's at the bottom of the power ladder, not bad. HoR wealth £200,000,000,000,000 ? WHO can compete with that??????????

So...... many people....... talking.. shit... can't..... hold it... in.. any..... longer...

Is 'Gay' not English-named, and an intrinsic part of English culture? Seems like you should get yourself down there and enjoy yourself.

Although that might pefhaps conflict with getting in with some of the older 'English' religious celebrations you also seem to want to go to.

:bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670