English Carnival

Status
Not open for further replies.
highland was down in brighton today, celebrating his 'types' carnival with pride...

When? There was a Carribean carnival today (saturday), why not an English version?

English don't really do carnival. It's a daft question.

Please don't come on here with your racist shit stirring like you do on FT.

That attitude, whether tongue in cheek or not, highlights one of the reasons people are getting peeved off with this country.

OBE1 has got a valid point. Whether he meant it with an aggressive racist overtone, I don't know.

It does seem we can celebrate everyother colour, religion etc etc, but ask for a English/white celebration and you get knocked back.

It does seem we can celebrate everyother colour, religion etc etc, but ask for a English/white celebration and you get knocked back.

The carribean carnival Is brilliant, any English attempt at it would be laughable, do you really think Carnivals are part of English heritage?

Pathetic thread started by someone with a pathetic understanding of such things.

That attitude, whether tongue in cheek or not, highlights one of the reasons people are getting peeved off with this country.

OBE1 has got a valid point. Whether he meant it with an aggressive racist overtone, I don't know.

The highlighted bit above I agree with, but if you read some of the stuff he has posted on FT you'd know what I mean.

Is English a religion? If you mean Christian celebrations, I think there are a few of those throughout the year. Indeed, I think that we even get public holidays to give us time to celebrate them.

Plus, knee-benders seem to hold quite a few other 'festivals' and it's not that they get knocked back but more that they are unsurprisingly ignored by everyone. Perhaps you should go to one to show your support?

When did you last ask for "a [sic] English/white celebration? What was the reason that you were given for it being "knocked back"?

There are lots of traditional 'white' carnivals around the county, mainly village based ones.

The Caribbean carnival is organised by the community. If the white community want to organise a carnival they should do that. The fact that they don't suggests they're either too lazy, or not that bothered about having one. But the fact that there isn't one is used by racist idiots who are more interested in stirring up trouble than getting off their arse and doing something constructive.

There are loads of other events celebrating traditional English culture, but people just can't be bothered to attend them.

There are loads of other events celebrating traditional English culture, but people just can't be bothered to attend them.

Broadstairs will be packed out for their Folk Week which starts on Friday.

You voted BNP right?

Broadstairs will be packed out for their Folk Week which starts on Friday.

I love Broadstairs. I was raised in Ramsgate and after moving to Leicester we use to go back at least twice a year-hardly ever went to Ramsgate beach, it was always Broadstairs. I remember attending the Margate carnival on several occasions.

There are lots of traditional 'white' carnivals around the county, mainly village based ones.

The Caribbean carnival is organised by the community. If the white community want to organise a carnival they should do that. The fact that they don't suggests they're either too lazy, or not that bothered about having one. But the fact that there isn't one is used by racist idiots who are more interested in stirring up trouble than getting off their arse and doing something constructive.

If you'd been to the carnival yesterday you'd have seen that a good half of those taking place were white anyway.

Theres only one that im aware of, thats once every august. Care to name these white carnivals? Might help if you explain what you mean by white. For example, can non whites take part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669