Speculation Esteban Cambiasso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

Camba Camba Biaso Biaso Biaso, Camba Camba Biaso Bia Bia sooooooooooooooo

Micky

So then, is this a good signing or not. I quite like the thought of him playing in a 3 behind Drinky and James.

sparky79

I don't think we should suddenly go 4,2,3,1 or 4,3,3: we need a partnership upfront and mahrez, knockaert, drinkwater or king aren't as good at the playing off a striker role as Nugent, Vardy and Ulloa (+ Deeney if he comes in). it all to easily becomes 4,5,1 and lumping it to an isolated Ulloa.
I'd like to see a screening midfielder come in but would say he replaces Matty James rather than someone further forward. I suppose it will depend upon the shape we line up against, but that said if a Nugent or Vardy plays 'in the hole' against a midfield three then he should be disrupting the holding midfielder/free centre back if he's doing his job right and making it more a two versus two in the central positions.
Given the money we are said to be offering for Deeney (c£10m), i'm interested to know why players like Martin Kelly £2m, Matt Dawson £8m, Dembele (less than £10m), Lansbury, Fer, etc aren't being considered to ensure that we have some experience, quality and pace to create competition in the defensive areas.

The Old Fox

So then, is this a good signing or not. I quite like the thought of him playing in a 3 behind Drinky and James.

I cant-biasso'ed to check every post - and I am certainly not going to attempt 145 pages of 'Foxtalk' speculation - but you speak as though this is signed, sealed and just awaiting official confirmation: is this so? PLEASE say that it is: I could see this as being the signing that tips the balance in favour of our retaining Premier League status.

Of course, I could be wrong! (Sorry, I felt that too much positivity was showing there!!!) :icon_bigg

Arightfilbert

I cant-biasso'ed to check every post - and I am certainly not going to attempt 145 pages of 'Foxtalk' speculation - but you speak as though this is signed, sealed and just awaiting official confirmation: is this so? PLEASE say that it is: I could see this as being the signing that tips the balance in favour of our retaining Premier League status.

Of course, I could be wrong! (Sorry, I felt that too much positivity was showing there!!!) :icon_bigg

Still waiting for this to be confirmed......YET another article on News Now saying it is practically a done deal.
Come on ffs......the suspense surrounding this signing is starting to overshadow the start to the season!

Waxed

Come on, now. First of all, 34 (and not even that yet) is not too old for a deep-lying midfielder who is basically there to keep things steady. This is a player who's played at the top for a long time, won the Champions League four years ago and been a regular for Inter even up to last season. He started 32 games last season.

There's no getting away from the fact that this is a huge coup. It gives us a proper chance of competing with a 4-2-3-1 (assuming that inevitably happens at some point) to control games better, even if there isn't an obvious player to slot in behind whichever striker we'd pick. It's a game-changing signing.

Lako42

We will not be dropping Matty James.

The player I expect to make the step up this season.

homer

Still waiting for this to be confirmed......YET another article on News Now saying it is practically a done deal.
Come on ffs......the suspense surrounding this signing is starting to overshadow the start to the season!

Seriously ?

You actually think this ?

Wow

Lako42

Where does he fit, though? He won't drop DD.

DD wasn't his usual self when he didn't have his wing man last season.

Plus he ****ing hates King with a pashun!11!!1!

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
Given the money we are said to be offering for Deeney (c£10m), i'm interested to know why players like Martin Kelly £2m, Matt Dawson £8m, Dembele (less than £10m), Lansbury, Fer, etc aren't being considered to ensure that we have some experience, quality and pace to create competition in the defensive areas.
Where are you getting these figures from?

I wouldn't want us to sign Lansbury because people would insist on calling him 'Onry'. Because, you know, he spells it the French way, therefore French.

Waxed

DD wasn't his usual self when he didn't have his wing man last season.

Plus he ****ing hates King with a pashun!11!!1!

Oh aye, I wouldn't expect Kingy to get a starting nod. Was thinking Knockaert might be a good fit there actually.

Si Nick

Is it me or has it gone quiet since he went for a medical .......... not a modern day Frankie Wortho story with us playing the Liverpool part this time ?

Micky

I cannot be certain but I am fairly confident he will sign - for someone.

TornadoShaunUK

Rumour is it's to be confirmed on Thursday? Norwich in talks with Wood and we're still after Deeney.

Cambiasso would be a great signing as we need some experience in midfield, still hoping for a defender or two but Deeney would be a good addition also.

sparky79

Where are you getting these figures from?

I wouldn't want us to sign Lansbury because people would insist on calling him 'Onry'. Because, you know, he spells it the French way, therefore French.

Martin Kelly is on the verge of a £1.5m move to Palace. Matt Dawson was on the verge of an £8m move to Hull but refused terms. and Dembele was in the papers today as being on the market for less than £10m....lansbury, fer - i don't know, but they fit the profile of energetic box to box midfielders with a lot of experience at a young age. Currently we are short in defence and will need numbers to keep up the high pressing game in midfield. If Drink and James get injured we look VERY thin with King, Hammond and GTF our only centre mid options.....quite scary....we need Morgan, Drinkwater, Nugent and Vardy to be fit all year basically...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669