Euro 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
That first half was pretty dull.

The whole Euro's have been pretty dull.

International football is dull.
Yes (apart from the Ronaldo drama)

No (apart from England and some)

If you're taking about friendlies; yes. Otherwise, no.

No appearance for Kante, that second booking in the Last 16 really pushed him down the pecking order.

Yes (apart from the Ronaldo drama)

No (apart from England and some)

If you're taking about friendlies; yes. Otherwise, no.

And this from a man whose television features live Oxford Untied friendlies and long train trips through tunnels!

In the end I really enjoyed the final, especially when Ronaldo took over as manager, a spectacular hommage to SAF with a few shades of MON thrown in. Always had a soft spot for Portugal as they play in similar colours to my old Primary School team, though a little more organised. Also they were the best footballing team in the 1966 World Cup so it's about time they won something.

As for France, when Sissoko looks the best of the starting XI you know they've got problems. Spent much of last night wondering if Mahrez hadn't chosen to represent the country of his father's birth rather than his own, things might have been different.

Awful final.

The Ronaldo injury ruined it I think, but not for the reason you'd have expected - Portugal seemed buoyed by it while France lost all momentum. They'd started the game so fast-paced and energetic that it looked like it could be a decent game. Then all that stopped when Ronaldo got injured. It's almost like they stopped playing because they felt guilty!

Thought the whole of the Euros was pretty dull really. Didn't like the 24 team format with most 3rd places going through. Killed the group stages and I don't think the tournament recovered. No one looked like worthy winners to me - Portugal only won one game in 90 minutes! Finished third in their group and then won the whole thing...

I hate how ALL of the coverage today seems to be about Ronaldo winning the Euros too and how it makes him the best player ever. Don't get me wrong, I think he is the best in the world (I'd put him ahead of Messi) but it's so over the top and insulting to the rest of them when he barely played in the final and barely touched the ball while he was on.

With a lack of wisdom synonymous with their country over recent times, Greece ditched two managers in 2014:

CnFJe6-W8AAeIr7.jpg

CnFJe7KWEAAR0ff.jpg

Thought he left of his own accord

Hellenic Football Federation (EPO) has been on the lookout for a new coach for the Greek national football team, as the current coach Santos decided not to renew his contract after the 2014 World Cup, ending his successful four-year tenure on Greece’s bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669