Europa Conference League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ, being in this is going to be painful.

Just play the kids in every game surely? No first teamer should be playing in this, unless it's as a reverse game to get fitness.
We’re playing games in reverse now? Laws of the game get more complicated by the day.

This.

It's our only realistic chance of qualifying for the Europa League again.

Definitely better to finish 12th and win this than finish 12th and win **** all.
The issue I have with this is we don't have the squad to compete in another competition, in 2016 we were able to play our strongest team in pretty much every game. Plus its shit having to play games at 1400 on a Sunday.
I'd be happy to have next season free of European games to get players back to fitness this season and then hit the ground running with a good pre season.
We will end up playing teams we have never heard of thousands of miles away

The final is in Tirana Albania... A 3rd rate competition gets an appropriate place to hold its final

This.

It's our only realistic chance of qualifying for the Europa League again.

Definitely better to finish 12th and win this than finish 12th and win **** all.
Completely agree with this. Some European football is better than none, even if it means a quick turnaround and more risk of injuries. There are only a handful of times in my life where we've been in Euro competitions - it's not the best one but let's be positive, enjoy it and go for victory.

Also, we're not bad enough to get relegated. Despite our defence being dross for the most part, there are definitely 3 worse teams than ourselves and we have enough good attacking players to get us through.

It might well be a shite season by recent standards but the overall outlook should remain upbeat.

We're fecked.

Also, we're not bad enough to get relegated. Despite our defence being dross for the most part, there are definitely 3 worse teams than ourselves and we have enough good attacking players to get us through.
We need to score 4 goals a game to stand any chance of winning a game at the moment, I wouldn't place £1 on us beating anyone, whilst Brendan is burying his head in the sand we stand every chance of going down

We need to score 4 goals a game to stand any chance of winning a game at the moment, I wouldn't place £1 on us beating anyone, whilst Brendan is burying his head in the sand we stand every chance of going down
Trust me, if you look outside of our bubble there is utter dross out there. Almost unbelievably, worse than us. I think we'll be ok in the league. Not great but ok.

If we bin this off are we concentrating on being shit in the league? Or is it all about back to back FA Cup efforts?

Is that just based on yesterday's game?

Because before that game, the only games when we needed to score four to win were in Moscow, when we did win, and against Chelsea.
I was being slightly pedantic going on the last few games we need to score 3 goals to win because obviously 2 isn't enough

The draw should be happening soon but they cocked up with the CL draw so who knows..

Apparently, due to Spurs not playing their last game, we could get drawn against them in the play off if they do finish 2nd.

Live on BT Sport YouTube for anyone else interested:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670