Post Match Everton 0 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Men against boys.

A good team against a pile of complete shite

Faes, was outstanding, but ably supported by Justin and Amartey, who were excellent

But, ****ing hell, Tielemans and Maddison were genuinely world class

I know Everton were truly ****ing horseshit, but that was lovely

That was a huge win for us. Thank you to Fat Frank and his general uselessness.

4 wins done, 7 to go.

Fair play to Rodgers. He's done it again. Last season our first third of the season was a right mess and gradually he sorted it out and we moved up the league. Same thing appears to be happening.

I do still maintain that the standard in the PL this season is absolute garbage. It really isn't very difficult to win games. Just get the basics right and give the ball to your best players.

Getting into mid-table before the WC break is important I think. The club will be talking to potential recruits in January and there is a huge difference between being bottom and 10th and we could very easily have been either next week.

That was a huge win for us. Thank you to Fat Frank and his general uselessness.

4 wins done, 7 to go.

Fair play to Rodgers. He's done it again. Last season our first third of the season was a right mess and gradually he sorted it out and we moved up the league. Same thing appears to be happening.

I do still maintain that the standard in the PL this season is absolute garbage. It really isn't very difficult to win games. Just get the basics right and give the ball to your best players.

Getting into mid-table before the WC break is important I think. The club will be talking to potential recruits in January and there is a huge difference between being bottom and 10th and we could very easily have been either next week.
Time for another Joe poll…..

Rodgers got a lot of the blame for the disaster we were, he should rightly get some credit for getting it right for a few games. Not many people pull it back from the start we had.

Other than Gordon Milne and Nigel Pearson, obviously.

Considering we broke the PL record for goals conceded after seven matches….

Attachments

• C73596B1-8863-41C3-B9AA-9F77C953B63F.jpeg
    C73596B1-8863-41C3-B9AA-9F77C953B63F.jpeg
    314.8 KB · Views: 38
Subs were also bang on, right shout today

Good stuff Brendan, you ****

Subs were also bang on, right shout today

Good stuff Brendan, you ****
Our subs have made a lot of sense the past few matches now. And not through hindsight but during the match you’re thinking they make sense.

Not sure who this manager is that we replaced Brendog with.

I have to admit, I thought Rogers was done and looking for a way out. I was at the Brighton game and couldnt see how our defense / keeper would pull together to stop us going down. Fair play to the team and management - they have pulled it round. Faes is a revelation, Ward looking more solid every game and the fact that Armartey is mostly anonymous (in a good way) is simply amazing. Also a good call from Top to hold his nerve and ignore the calls to sack Brendan (me included).

I still see Amartey’s name on the team sheet and shudder.

He has been truly fantastic though and no doubt helped by a fantastic natural leader in Faes.

Geoff Peters just posted some stat - it's 50 corners since we conceded from one in the league!

That league table is still incredibly bunched. A draw or better against West Ham would be nice. Then we need a really good start after Christmas or we get sucked back in very quickly

Time for another Joe poll…..

Rodgers got a lot of the blame for the disaster we were, he should rightly get some credit for getting it right for a few games. Not many people pull it back from the start we had.

Other than Gordon Milne and Nigel Pearson, obviously.
I was going to say something similar. Unsure what has been said players coming together but we looked a solid team again this week. The management deserve credit, but we look like a defensive unit without the ball, we press with intent and work well now. I think the set pieces coach has done some great work. I'm not scared shitless when we concede a corner now.

Well done lads makes the weekend sweater with a great away win and 3 points.Onwards and upwards

crazy stat before the game, top scorers away from home but in the bottom 3.
weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469