everton and villa chase bamba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
This looks like TalkSport reporting a L'Sport report of the original TalkSport report of the rumour, with Marseille added somewhere along the line.

£2.6M? hmmmm!

But, but, but, it says so on the website. It must be true. If only we had someone on this site with the ability to influence Sven's decisions, then they could let us know what he wants us to do if any of this is true (which, for the record, I doubt)

You obviously never saw him shouldered charged off the ball and dumped on his back side in his own penalty area by the Leicester reserve centre forward, who then put the loose ball into the net!

No though I will obviously take your word for it. I never saw Leicester play until I came here in the 1968-69 season. My visits to Wolverhampton in the 1950s tended to be when my father thought Wolves were playing an "interesting team". To my subsequent regret he never included Leicester City in that group and so I missed players like Arthur Rowley and Howard Riley.
The question I have to ask is who was the Leicester player keeping that centre forward in the reserves.

Billy Wright played 105 times for England. This was an unbelievable achievement because England played far fewer games than in later years and being picked meant you were first choice - it was not a squad game. Those Wolves players who remember him tend to suggest he was their best ever player - an achievement since most club's fans tend to pick attackers as their best players.
In other words he must have been a good player.

To return to the matter of Sol Bamba; it surely depends on how much money is offered. I would be surprised if it was a huge amount for a footballer who has never played in the Prem. Sven will pick the most effective team and is right to do so. However, Bamba is one of those players like Dyer who I particularly enjoy watching.

You obviously never saw him shouldered charged off the ball and dumped on his back side in his own penalty area by the Leicester reserve centre forward, who then put the loose ball into the net!

E. Littler was the man who shoulder charged Wright on the edge of the Wolves box - and I saw it. Billy Wright certainly lost his cool with the referee that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669