everton and villa chase bamba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. Four goals in the Conference tells it own story.

He's a decent player and if we have the chance to make a good profit on the 250k (I think) we paid for him, we should take it. Although we've now lost Naughton, Vitor, Bruma, Mee and Van Aanholt from the defence so selling Bamba as well would leave Sven with a lot to do in the summer.

Last edited:
Sven certainly seemed to rate Bamba at the Q&A after he thought someone from the audience had called Sol "aweful". He was quickly corrected that the comment was "awesome".

Of the many players who I have enjoyed watching last season (Yak, Naughton, Wellens, Vassell) I think Bamba has been my favourite. This, of course, is not the main criteria; Billy Wright was an extremely boring defender but the most effective I have ever seen.

I think Bamba will continue to be a fan's favourite. He never appears to panic. His distribution is sound, but he takes some outrageous chances and nearly always gets away with it. I do not think Prem clubs would risk him as a starter. I would like to think that Bamba's best route to the Prem is to stay with us and help us get promoted.

If Tunchev is fit, up to speed and still has all the skills he showed, I would be very happy to see Bamba and Tunchev as our starting CBs. Vitor and Mee as backups with Bruma in midfield.

Billy Wright was an extremely boring defender but the most effective I have ever seen.
You obviously never saw him shouldered charged off the ball and dumped on his back side in his own penalty area by the Leicester reserve centre forward, who then put the loose ball into the net!

I like Bamba but think we can do better so the Premier League interest was a surprise. It could be that he was thrown into a poorly performing defence and he was blameless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669