Match Thread Everton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understand this argument. Just because he sees them in training doesn't mean he can't be wrong about them. His judgement has been all wrong this season. It's sad, but it is true. If we followed the 'he sees them every day' line of argument we'd never accept, ever, that a manager can be doing a bad job.

Of course he can be, but why would he continue to play players who were actually terrible if he had better options. It makes no sense. Konchesky has, im, been our best left back all season yet plenty on here would have him strung up. All the see is the odd bad pass but ignore the fact that nearly all of our play from the back goes through him. Fans have their favourites and enemies more than any manager.

It's good.

Pearson comes up with a selection that says stuff the lot of you, I'm the manager and I'll pick my mates if I feel like it.

So either he gets this right and we win and a tiny bit of interest is created.
Or we lose as per usual and because his blatant favouritism and stubborness and he positions himself for even more criticism and gets closer to the exit door.

No lose situation.

Of course he can be, but why would he continue to play players who were actually terrible if he had better options. It makes no sense. Konchesky has, im, been our best left back all season yet plenty on here would have him strung up. All the see is the odd bad pass but ignore the fact that nearly all of our play from the back goes through him. Fans have their favourites and enemies more than any manager.

Indeed. And I don't know why he continues to play players in terrible form, but he does. I find it sad more than anything. As for Konchesky, he really hasn't been good at all. I wouldn't disagree that he has been our best left back but I don't think that's saying much.

I dont dispute that Konch is the best left back in a back 4. In a back 5, it hasnt worked before, so why would it work again.

And Ulloa FFS!?

It's pointless anyway but now we will go down as a laughing stock.

It's good.

Pearson comes up with a selection that says stuff the lot of you, I'm the manager and I'll pick my mates if I feel like it.

So either he gets this right and we win and a tiny bit of interest is created.
Or we lose as per usual and because his blatant favouritism and stubborness and he positions himself for even more criticism and gets closer to the exit door.

No lose situation.

I don't very often disagree with you, but I'm afraid that I do here. It looks as if this season might require one of the lowest points totals to remain in the Premier League. I don't really believe that we can do it, but I would put up with another season of Pearson to have a real go at retaining our hard won league status. It is too late to expect anyone to come in and do the job.

And the Albrighton thing (and Knockaert for that matter) smacks of Pearson being a bit of a bastard.

I've not seen much of Albrighton but Knockaert has been awful every time he's played this season. Calling for him to play when you say Morgan should be dropped for form is a but silly imo.

Matt has gone into full "the club and manager can do no wrong" mode.

Not for the first time. Quite how he accounts for us being five points adrift in not sure.

Konchesky has been decent? Jesus wept.

Last edited:
I don't know what you're all worried about, Everton are bottom according to the 'trending' bar on Facebook. We'll beat these easily.

Everton.png

I've not seen much of Albrighton but Knockaert has been awful every time he's played this season. Calling for him to play when you say Morgan should be dropped for form is a but silly imo.

Didn't say he should be playing...but he has disappeared without a trace this season.

Matt has gone into full "the club and manager can do no wrong" mode.

Not for the first time. Quite how he accounts for us being five points adrift in not sure.

Konchesky has been decent? Jesus wept.

Have I? It sounds serious.

If we had the adverts here that they have in the States I'd be inclined to watch more television.

I don't very often disagree with you, but I'm afraid that I do here. It looks as if this season might require one of the lowest points totals to remain in the Premier League. I don't really believe that we can do it, but I would put up with another season of Pearson to have a real go at retaining our hard won league status. It is too late to expect anyone to come in and do the job.

I'm afraid its too late.

Best we can hope for is to create a bit of interest - and a win at Goodison would do that.

But I don't think we have a realistic chance of staying up and I've come to a view that too much damage has been done this season to go again with Pearson next season.

Hope to be proved wrong and we get a win which kicks us on.......but realistically I think it's for the best that Pearson goes...and he will do very nicely out of this fine mess assuming he's sacked and doesn't walk.

I have said very little with regards to my opinions on Pearson, not that they count for much anyway, but I am keen that we retain him as manager come what may this season.

As a Pearson supporter however, I'm finding it very difficult indeed to justify to some of my less enthusiastic friends, the quite ludicrous team selections we are witnessing. Hamer should be starting as should Albrighton and, arguably, Hammond when you consider results with him in the starting eleven. Morgan is petrified every time the ball goes near him and a lone striker who has shown little confidence in this role previously, isolated yet again without the hold up play of our top scorer anywhere near the starting line up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670