Match Thread Everton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please god not a repeat of the first leg. All Savage goes on about is our inability to convert games without Vardy. And now Ndidi off. Come on lads, show them we can do this!! Hopefully Brendan can arse-rocket them at the half time. **** sake I'd take a draw at this point!

Have to get Nacho or Ünder on early second half I'd think, need another like Barnes to get in behind them

We do not have a striker who will threaten, Perez does not have the ability to stretch their defence they are not worried abot him or Nacho if he comes on. The next few games without Vardy will be torture sadly.

You'd think- with Southgate watching- Maddison might put a bit of effort into to producing one, just one, decent set piece. Gutted that Ndidi has had to go off.
Oh well, we ususually do better in the 2nd half - Com'n City!

I think Ricardo can make a difference here. I can't help but see Ayoze becoming another Nacho. **** I hope I'm wrong.

Mendy coming on has limited options to change. We need to either go 352 early or wait until 60 and go 424 shit or bust.

Ndidi is huge loss to our team. Not only tonight but always. If it’s his abductor that’s another 6 weeks (or 12 games)

That was almost exactly the same as a few weeks ago. Everton sitting deep, with seven men defending, waiting for us to make a mistake, and then they break and score.

It's pretty poor from us that we've fallen for it again. We started brightly but didn't really threaten. Since then, Everton have been in complete control.

Castagne looks off his game. Maddison anonymous. But we have a problem playing two forward players (Albrighton and Perez) who are not very forward minded. Perez is not in the game and not doing anything to upset their defence and Albrighton is just not quick or direct enough for this sort of opponent.

The loss of Ndidi is massive. Looks like a proper injury too. It's almost inevitable now that they'll get a second from a set piece as without Ndidi and Vardy, and with their height, it's only a matter of time.

Our only chance is Barnes or Maddison doing something out of nowhere. Can't see it though. This game is gone already.

Unfortunately spot on.

The Wilf injury is going to derail us completely if it's serious. And it certainly looked it.

That was almost exactly the same as a few weeks ago. Everton sitting deep, with seven men defending, waiting for us to make a mistake, and then they break and score.

It's pretty poor from us that we've fallen for it again. We started brightly but didn't really threaten. Since then, Everton have been in complete control.

Castagne looks off his game. Maddison anonymous. But we have a problem playing two forward players (Albrighton and Perez) who are not very forward minded. Perez is not in the game and not doing anything to upset their defence and Albrighton is just not quick or direct enough for this sort of opponent.

The loss of Ndidi is massive. Looks like a proper injury too. It's almost inevitable now that they'll get a second from a set piece as without Ndidi and Vardy, and with their height, it's only a matter of time.

Our only chance is Barnes or Maddison doing something out of nowhere. Can't see it though. This game is gone already.
To be fair to Albrighton he hardly has anything up front to be direct with, I feel sorry for Perez he is being asked do something he can not do.

I think Ricardo can make a difference here. I can't help but see Ayoze becoming another Nacho. **** I hope I'm wrong.
Isn't he already? He doesn't cause a problem for defenders, just hangs around near the box and sometimes bangs in one when it's easier to miss than to score.

Jesus christ anyone would think we are playing a good side. These are wank. We just need to get our arses in gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669