Everton

jb5000

I see that we're one of four clubs sueing Everton.

Whilst in some respects I think all of this year's bottom four deserve relegation for their efforts on the pitch, it's really disappointing to read that it's not possible for a case like this to be brought in such time that the appropriate sporting sanction if they're found to be in the wrong (relegation for Everton) could be given as there's no way that anything financial could remedy the damage do to our club by being relegated instead of them.

it's really disappointing to read that it's not possible for a case like this to be brought in such time that the appropriate sporting sanction if they're found to be in the wrong (relegation for Everton) could be given
I agree and not just because it's us involved in it this time. Relegation hits clubs hard; financially and the adjustments required close season to slot into a new league. Organisationally and logistically, there must be a shit load to do.

It's partly testimony to the money in the EPL and partly testimony to the inequality between the divisions.

Sure, Everton (if found in breach) may be fined or face a points deduction eventually but they're still in the Prem next season. That itself makes the crime worth it.

We have bent the rules every opportunity we got. We've previously been found guilty of breaking the rules of FFP.

Everton did it more than us and less than some others.

The PL is a ultra-capitalist nirvana where the biggest billionaire always wins.

We deserved to get relegated because we were totally inept. I hope we don't embarrass ourselves by pursuing this.

Two different issues innit? What Everton did (or didn't) do, and our response to that. We can look small but that doesn't absolve or justify Everton.
Absolutely. I was just talking about it from our side of things, which is the only bit we can control.

Let's put it this way: if Everton suffered a points deduction during the season and we stayed up as a result, would we be saying 'but we were shit and deserve to go down'? Rhetorical question obviously.

It's undeniable that relegated clubs suffer, more than simply dropping a division, so I completely understand any (relegated) seeking redress if another is found to have transgressed, such are the sums involved (as alluded to by BN) . I hope we don't but I get the context if we do. Filthy game.

Their case isn’t being looked at until October , so no point getting knickers in a twist

That conclusion doesn't follow the premise. Will we be reinstated to the EPL if Everton are found to have been in breach?

Again, given the context, I can completely understand why the club might take action against Everton. £100M is a **** of a lot to be down. Folk are being naive if they don't think so.

Let's put it this way: if Everton suffered a points deduction during the season and we stayed up as a result, would we be saying 'but we were shit and deserve to go down'? Rhetorical question obviously.

It's undeniable that relegated clubs suffer, more than simply dropping a division, so I completely understand any (relegated) seeking redress if another is found to have transgressed, such are the sums involved (as alluded to by BN) . I hope we don't but I get the context if we do. Filthy game.
Absolutely I would be saying that. But I’d equally be looking forward to Premier League football next season and laughing at them.

I’m not proud.

We could have tried to finish above them and save these pissing in the wind legal efforts.

We could have tried to finish above them and save these pissing in the wind legal efforts.
In fairness, the latter would be a last resort desperate measure that would follow the former failure. Desperate times etc.

In fairness, the latter would be a last resort desperate measure that would follow the former failure. Desperate times etc.

Yeah. I could accept the last resort if we'd actually tried the first option. As we didn't try that it makes us look ridiculous.

Think of it as the board taking action after the team ****ed up.

The board also ****ed up. A great collective **** up due to nobody giving a shit. That we're being so desperate now amplifies the **** ups made.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663