Everybody hates us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingy_85

We have just been ravaged by the SkySports panel. It was embarrasing.

Tony Cottee called Sven a lucky manager who didn't deserve half the jobs he has been in and that always has money to spend.

Ian Dowie said that none of our signings stand out and that even Matt Mills wouldn't walk into an EPL team.

It's getting embarrasing all this envy.

Are we the first team to have ever been taken over? :icon_roll

Last edited:
Dissapointed with comments from TC, as for ID, who gives a sh*t what he says

We used to be media darlings under O'Neill but it all changed after the Robbie Savage / Justin Edinburgh incident at Wembley. They seemed to have it in for us after that and have done regularly ever since.

We used to be media darlings under O'Neill but it all changed after the Robbie Savage / Justin Edinburgh incident at Wembley. They seemed to have it in for us after that and have done regularly ever since.
That's a bit bollocks.

First of all, there is no such thing as a "media opinion". The thought that all media that cover English football - a huge, huge industry - would change their opinion based on one incident and then somehow hold on to that for years is a bit laughable. It all comes down to individuals, and right now a lot of people want us to fail because we've spent a lot of money that's come from rich people. ALL clubs that have been taken over by rich, foreign investors have had the same reaction, to some degree. We're not the first and we're not the last.

I can assure you that every club in England have fans that feel the media have something against particularly their club, and I can equally assure you that there is not a hate campaign going on against Leicester or any other club for that matter. It's just that people want big spenders to fail, and underdogs to win.

Last edited:
Dissapointed with comments from TC, as for ID, who gives a sh*t what he says

He knows we're a serious threat to his precious Westammm, if they don't go straight back up they are seriously done for.

Im sure I read somewhere that Forest fans don't hate us.

It's called jealousy.

Who cares what a bunch of washed up pundits think. Dowie can fook off. There are lucky managers and there are good ones. Sven is the latter. Dowie is neither.

The British football media is unbelievably self-absorbed and doesn't seem to even know football outside the UK exists. They also wildly overrates how good England are and how good England's players are in the grand scheme of things.

It's no surprise they therefore that the British media often consider SGE to be a lucky manager who didn't deserve half the jobs he has been in.

Last edited:
The British football media is unbelievably self-absorbed and doesn't seem to even know football outside the UK exists. They also wildly overrates how good England are and how good England's players are in the grand scheme of things.

It's no surprise they therefore that the British media often consider SGE to be a lucky manager who didn't deserve half the jobs he has been in.

I'd go even further and say that the media is almost entirely focused on the premier league.

I would say that the written media is London centric, and the TV media favours Manchester Utd. There is also a disproportionate amount of West Ham supporters in the written media as well...

Not true at all.I remember mostly very lazy journalism that we were the "new Wimbledon" based purely on the fact that we were punching above our weight in the Prem.They expanded that to mean we were a kick & rush long ball side.How they managed to come to that conclusion when we had a midfield of Parker,Lennon & Izzet,plus played with wingbacks is anyone's guess.
Probably didnt even watch the sodding game.
The particular example I will always remember is that useless turd Kevin Day talking shite on some worthless Channel 5 late night sports show to the effect that he respected MON but "despised" the way Leicester play.
This was just after the first leg of the League Cup semi against Villa & it was blindingly obvious that he was just lazily parroting what Gregory had said after the game about not crossing the halfway line.WE all knew the reason for that was we had 9 players out injured but being a non entity with zero knowledge he decided to ignore all that.
I later realised that all of this was just the deluded rantings of an embittered Palace fan still moaning about the Play Off final.For some reason I'd always thought he was a Hammer but upon finding out he was a Palace fan all became clear.
Slightly annoying that the pointless tool is still employed covering football...albeit as a travelling jester for the Football League Show.Still,I suppose that's preferable to having to endure his painfully unfunny standup 'comedy'

That's a bit bollocks.

First of all, there is no such thing as a "media opinion". The thought that all media that cover English football - a huge, huge industry - would change their opinion based on one incident and then somehow hold on to that for years is a bit laughable. It all comes down to individuals, and right now a lot of people want us to fail because we've spent a lot of money that's come from rich people. ALL clubs that have been taken over by rich, foreign investors have had the same reaction, to some degree. We're not the first and we're not the last.

I can assure you that every club in England have fans that feel the media have something against particularly their club, and I can equally assure you that there is not a hate campaign going on against Leicester or any other club for that matter. It's just that people want big spenders to fail, and underdogs to win.

:038:

A very sensible post.

I remember very well Mr Charles Sale writing in his column about how the organisers of an event should have thrown a team of under 10's out of a tournament. They apparently had links to 'Millwall thugs' and were kicking and headbutting their way through the event with no intervention from the organisers. Given that his son played for a team that lost to this team and that their team was running near the bottom of the fair play league themselves, I took this with a pinch of salt. However, I still treat nearly all journalists' articles with a touch of caution as I know they can write anything they feel suits them and it's often taken as gospel.

Last edited:
Are we really the 'Man City' of the Championship? Have West Ham, Birmingham, Cardiff etc spent next to nothing in comparison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669