Ex-players and managers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

Not strictly an ex player but Peter Taylor has been appointed manager of the Bahrain national team.

Wiki still not updated for Peter Taylor but Bahrain's has been.

Junior Lewis is still player/coach at Hendon I think, so I can't see him going as he was at Hendon for about 4 years in his playing career.

Last edited:

The Naughton article on the BBC website: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14243363.stm

Naughton's performances on loan at Filbert Street in the Championship last season earned him a place in the Professional Footballers' Association divisional team of the year - an accolade he also received two years previously.

The Naughton article on the BBC website: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14243363.stm

Naughton's performances on loan at Filbert Street in the Championship last season earned him a place in the Professional Footballers' Association divisional team of the year - an accolade he also received two years previously.

This is why the loan market is such a bad idea. There's no reason we couldn't have signed him up first time around before he had 6 months in the shop window.

Fair play to the lad though, wish him nothing but success.

Last edited:

Anybody noticed that Kamara has joined Eskisehirspor in Turkey ?

Yes. You have.

This is why the loan market is such a bad idea. There's no reason we couldn't have signed him up first time around before he had 6 months in the shop window.

Well, apart from the reason that he wasn't for sale.

Do City have any come back if he does go for a profit?

I was just wondering if there was a sell on clause in his contract when we sold him?

If not then they really need a head check.

Slag off Gradel all you want, but he is clearly a much better player than N'Guessan who Pearson effectively replaced him with. one of the few errors he made during his time here.

Plus I'll always have a soft spot for him because of his goal against MK Dons

Slag off Gradel all you want, but he is clearly a much better player than N'Guessan who Pearson effectively replaced him with. one of the few errors he made during his time here. Plus I'll always have a soft spot for him because of his goal against MK Dons
It's not really slagging him off to say he's overrated or overpriced though is it? As for Dany, I'd reckon a bid of £0 would be accepted these days.

Slag off Gradel all you want, but he is clearly a much better player than N'Guessan who Pearson effectively replaced him with. one of the few errors he made during his time here.

Plus I'll always have a soft spot for him because of his goal against MK Dons

At this point in his career he definately is the better player of the two, however when he was with us I never really felt he was anything other than fair to middling. Capable of moments of greatness (the like of which he is now regularly showing at Leeds) I thought Gradel drifted in and out of games. The move has definately benefitted him.

At this point in his career he definately is the better player of the two, however when he was with us I never really felt he was anything other than fair to middling. Capable of moments of greatness (the like of which he is now regularly showing at Leeds) I thought Gradel drifted in and out of games. The move has definately benefitted him.
Agreed. Leeds have made Gradel a better player. I think it's fair to say he was dogshite for us, presumably at least partly because Pearson didn't want him around for whatever reason and Max responded badly. Grayson made him feel valued and as if by magic he's an infinitely better player. Pearson's short-sightedness (and incredible ability to hold pointless grudges) cost us. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669