Ex-players and managers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

Serious response then. I think that in the absence of anything else fighting the cause, we should all be behind those that are. These players have brought a lot of attention to, as you pointed out, but only negative attention. Kick it out can't dish out fines or punishment, all they can do is raise awareness. Football is a lot better now than it was, in part down to the campaign, to boycott it in such a pathetic way just smacks of a tantrum. If they really wanted to make a point then they'd refuse to play in FIFA/UEFA competitions until it is rectified, but they won't give up European football/money will they?

Cut off your nose to spite your face?

SSN saying that Blackburn have been refused permission to talk to Billy McKinlay regarding the managerial vacancy.

Sven's suing the Daily Mirror for phone hacking according to news reports this morning.

Wasn't it his achillies that he had problems with here when he was out for a while?

Seems like something he'll have troubles with for the rest of his career if so.

Jeff - is this the longest thread in TB history?

BBC Sport puts Dion Dublin under the spotlight.

He seems to be upset people think his dad was in Showaddywaddy
How many times have you been asked about the rumour your dad was in Showaddywaddy?
It's now 428,000 times. That rumour started a long time ago, but no, he wasn't!

The answer to what we probably thought
When you look at results, who do you look out for?
Norwich City and Cambridge United.

BBC Sport puts Dion Dublin under the spotlight.

He seems to be upset people think his dad was in Showaddywaddy

The answer to what we probably thought

And also this from Dion about us.

Finally among your old clubs, hometown team Leicester, flying high in the Championship...
And rightly so!

Have you managed to see them at all this season?
Haven’t had a chance so far, but I’ve seen the highlights and they seem to play good football. One thing I do like about Leicester City is that the fans will come out regardless, rain or shine. Having had two years there, I loved it, it's a great hometown club with lots of belief in the football club.
I personally have a lot of belief in the manager, Nigel Pearson. He manages players very well, he understands his ethics and he understands what he’s trying to achieve and I think players this season are saying to themselves "Let's listen to the manager, he knows what he’s doing." He was welcomed back with open arms and I think 99% of the fans said "Yes please, let's have him back."
They’ve spent a lot of money – Sven spent a lot on decent footballers but didn’t get the best out of them, he probably didn’t manage them in the way they needed to be managed. But Leicester City shouldn't be in the Championship, they're doing what needs to be done to push towards the Premier League.

http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/webexclusives/480/article.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670