Ex-players and managers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

"The showings of Norwich man James Vaughan and Leicester's Beckford were the reason for that, with both strengthening their case to earn a permanent deal, especially the latter - who enjoyed a landmark afternoon.

Having opened his account for them in their last game - a 1-0 win at Birmingham - his pace kept Wolves penned back for large parts of the game, allowing Huddersfield to dominate the play in front of them. That he also produced a stunning 27th-minute scissor-kick volley to score merely topped off his performance."

Anyone seen the goal?

Yes, it was a well taken volley, but not a scissor kick.
As the ball came over from the right, Becks, facing away from goal, started turning, left leg on ground, right foot volley, nothing more, nothing less.
Seen Gary Coatsworth score better :)

Yes, it was a well taken volley, but not a scissor kick.
As the ball came over from the right, Becks, facing away from goal, started turning, left leg on ground, right foot volley, nothing more, nothing less.
Seen Gary Coatsworth score better :)

The net from that game is still locked away in a nuclear facility haha.

Peter Taylor's been sacked as Bahrain manager.

Bob Hazell has his say as backing grows for Ferdinand's stand for not wearing that T shirt

“Me & my generation spoke about “ignoring it” and claimed “it inspires us to play better”. We never spoke of feeling hurt devalued and f*****g angry.

“It should be support through choice. Sir Alex Ferguson has not experienced what these guys have so he has no right to demand they support.”

Last edited:

Bob Hazell has his say as backing grows for Ferdinand's stand for not wearing that T shirt

What the **** is that all about? Are they arguing over a T shirt? What really? Is this actually a news story?
Would somebody that knows do me a single paragraph summary? I'm ****ed if I'm reading an article that length about grown men arguing over a ****ing T shirt.

What the **** is that all about? Are they arguing over a T shirt? What really? Is this actually a news story?
Would somebody that knows do me a single paragraph summary? I'm ****ed if I'm reading an article that length about grown men arguing over a ****ing T shirt.

Some players don't think that the punishment for Terry or Serbia has been enough and so have decided not to wear the "kick it out" t-shirt this week, which happens to be the anti-racism week.

Not sure why really, the campaign is working towards what they want and didn't dish out the punishments. Fergie has said he's disappointed in Rio for not wearing it.

Two paragraphs, I hope that's OK.

Not sure why really, the campaign is working towards what they want and didn't dish out the punishments.

The whole point is that it isn't working to what they want, they are fed up of the main carriage for anti racism having no power and no say on anything that actually matters on the the subject.

It's a tolken movement with no bite and no power, it's merely a pointless organisation that has been set-up by the powers that be so that they can say 'Look everyone, we really do care about racism'

I fully understand the stance they are taking, racism should be a serious subject, not represented by a Micky Mouse organisation.

The fact that they have boycotted it has raised it's profile and the racism subject far more than 'Kick it out' ever has off it's own back.

Last edited:
The whole point is that it isn't working to what they want, they are fed up of the main carriage for anti racism having no power and no say on anything that actually matters on the the subject.

It's a tolken movement with no bite and no power, it's merely a pointless organisation that has been set-up by the powers that be so that they can say 'Look everyone, we really do care about racism'

I fully understand the stance they are taking, racism should be a serious subject, not represented by a Micky Mouse organisation.

The fact that they have boycotted it has raised it's profile and the racism subject far more than 'Kick it out' ever has off it's own back.

Are you sure it's not just a bad hobbit?

Are you sure it's not just a bad hobbit?

I must apologise for catching the 'L' button when trying to select the 'K' button.

It's rather annoying though when people would rather pick up on one mistake in someones post rather than debate the issue, not that it is ever a surprise on here, there are plenty who uppon inspection offer feck all to any discussion other than to make sarcastic comments and pick faults with spelling etc.

I must apologise for catching the 'L' button when trying to select the 'K' button.

It's rather annoying though when people would rather pick up on one mistake in someones post rather than debate the issue, not that it is ever a surprise on here, there are plenty who uppon inspection offer feck all to any discussion other than to make sarcastic comments and pick faults with spelling etc.

I think I'd prefer to read witty comments than somebody bitching because they can't handle a playful slagging.

To be fair, Lako is right about Kick it out.

If they don't have a role in the decisions of the fa in regards to racism, what's the point?

Something about one ring to rule them all.

I think I'd prefer to read witty comments than somebody bitching because they can't handle a playful slagging.

Good job the forum doesn't exist purely for your idea of enjoyment then Macky.

I'm all for 'playful slagging' as you put it, however It seems that this often ruins any chance of a decent discussion on here.

And for the record I would rather read a decent discussion rather than the same jumped up posters (Not Matt or SJN) failing to ever make a decent contribution to the forum other than making mocking and pointless comments all the time, but some things never change hey Macky.

I would also like to point out that I am indeed eagerly anticipating the release of 'The Hobbit' and this could be the driving force behind this latest error.

Good job the forum doesn't exist purely for your idea of enjoyment then Macky.

I'm all for 'playful slagging' as you put it, however It seems that this often ruins any chance of a decent discussion on here.

And for the record I would rather read a decent discussion rather than the same jumped up posters (Not Matt or SJN) failing to ever make a decent contribution to the forum other than making mocking and pointless comments all the time, but some things never change hey Macky.

Maybe if you make an appointment with a gynecologist he might be able to hoover all of that sand from your vagina

I'm happy to confirm that I'm right behind the Lick It Out Campaign

I'm happy to confirm that I'm right behind the Lick It Out Campaign

Will you be showing your support on the pitch at half time with the Birch?

Serious response then. I think that in the absence of anything else fighting the cause, we should all be behind those that are. These players have brought a lot of attention to, as you pointed out, but only negative attention. Kick it out can't dish out fines or punishment, all they can do is raise awareness. Football is a lot better now than it was, in part down to the campaign, to boycott it in such a pathetic way just smacks of a tantrum. If they really wanted to make a point then they'd refuse to play in FIFA/UEFA competitions until it is rectified, but they won't give up European football/money will they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669