Ex-players and managers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

Did we ever find out what Ryan McGivern and Lionel Messi have in common?

Lee Peltier just helped Leeds put out a Spurs team with Kyle Naughton in

Did we ever find out what Ryan McGivern and Lionel Messi have in common?

How about Joe Wesolowski and Luis Suarez? The way they're laughing and joking together in the pre-match they must be twins separated at birth.

Okay so the thread wasn't from as long ago as I thought and the answer was easily found therein. Congrats on the 50 marbles.

Okay so the thread wasn't from as long ago as I thought and the answer was easily found therein. Congrats on the 50 marbles.
Thanks. The Marbles went as fast as they came due to my spelling mistake which Jeff charged me the same amount

Marbles can be ever so elusive.

Paul Dickov's Oldham about to knock Liverpool out of the FA Cup.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11750/8450820/Chamberlain-joins-Bath-on-loan

Exeter forward Elliott Chamberlain has joined Bath City on a one-month loan deal.The 20-year-old Welshman, who joined the Grecians from Leicester
spacer.gif
last summer, has made just three first-team appearances this season and could play in up to nine matches for the Romans.
Fellow striker Tom Nichols has just returned from a loan spell with the Blue Square Bet South side which saw him play seven times for the Twerton Park outfit.
"A number of our young prospects have gone out on loan this season and returned with an increased level of maturity that comes with playing first-team football," manager Paul Tisdale said.
"Elliott is a really bright young man with bags of potential, and now he has the same opportunity to play regularly and we'll be monitoring his progress with Bath.
spacer.gif

"We will look forward to welcoming him back to Exeter soon."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...sign-Wolves-defender-Richard-Stearman-on-loan

Wolves central defender Richard Stearman is poised to join Ipswich on loan for the remainder of the season.
Town manager Mick McCarthy has turned to the 25-year-old as he looks to boost his defensive options at Portman Road.
The former England U21 international has been restricted to just eight starts for Wolves in the Championship this season withChristophe Berra
spacer.gif
and Roger Johnson
spacer.gif
preferred at centre-back.
Stearman
spacer.gif
may have been hoping for a chance under new bossDean Saunders
spacer.gif
but is now heading to Wolves' Championship rivals.
Wolves tweeted: "Defender Richard Stearman is to join Ipswich on loan until the end of the season, subject to formalities of the deal being concluded."

Great signing for them imo and wouldn't have be a bad shout for us and a bit of extra cover.

Last edited:

Badge-kissing twat who resembles Bambi-on-ice in the 18 yard box.

Not often I agree with Mawsley. The fact Dickie came through the youth team (smirk) mean't that the fans ignored how bad he could be.

Last edited:

Really?
Must have watched a different Richard Stearman to the one I did.

I'm referring to his exploits in the middle of Wolves defense whenever he got a run out, which you must have missed. Talk to a Wolves fan.

For us, all he ever did was confuse his right-back position with some idea that he was a third striker. Getting red in the face from legging it into the box leaving gaping holes at the back....when he wasn't in the right place but being skinned.

Obviously, he did his badge kissing at both clubs.

More than capable player at this level but obviously we should be looking for players of similar calibre to Lahm et al.

Mock the badge kissing if you like (I cannot recall the incident myself), but he was one of a handful at most that looked as if they cared and actually tried their best to stop us going down that year and if the rest of the squad showed half of that we wouldn't have gone down.

All in the past anyway and if it didn't happen, we wouldn't be able to be here now calling for Pearson's head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669