Ex-players and managers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

Patrick Gerrbrand was in my dream the other night! Was on my team in a 5-a-side football tournament. Weird.

Patrick Gerrbrand was in my dream the other night! Was on my team in a 5-a-side football tournament. Weird.

Not the oddest dream I've heard about this week, but not bad.

I see that Junior Lewis has joined, surprise surprise, Peter Taylor's Bradford City.

Just seen Creswell's goal today where he sneaked up on Stockdale rolling the ball out to take it off him and put it into an empty net. An ex-players double!

Hume scored the winner for Barnless today.

As I just posted in the Sunday football thread, Birstall Stamford have been drawn against Magnet Tavern in the semi-final of the FA Sunday Cup. The match is being played at Hinckley United on Sunday 21st March.

The reason for me posting it in this thread is that Magnet have a certain Julian Joachim playing for them:
http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompetitions/TheFASundayCup/NewsAndFeatures/2010/roundup-220210.aspx

My pub team had Magnet Tavern in the cup - they got battered 5-1 and that was with Joachim on the bench!

Gary Lineker gives Bobby a nice tribute in today's Mail.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1254289/Gary-Lineker-John-Terry-look-strong-human.html

Three Leicester players made their debuts on New Year’s Day in 1979 — Bobby Smith, Dave Buchanan and me.

Bobby and Dave both scored in a 2-0 win against Oldham, and I had a stinker. Memories of the day it all started for me came flooding back this week when I heard that Bobby had lost his battle with cancer at the age of 56.

Nissie, as we called him, was small in stature but had real presence in midfield and stayed at Filbert Street for four seasons. He will be warmly remembered by Foxes fans and sadly missed by those who played with him.

What ever happened to Dave Buchanan?

O'Grady scored again tonight, should never of sold him!

Indeed you have. :icon_lol:

Have Harby, have, should never have sold him. :)

Yes, we should. He was crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670