F1 2011 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Anyone apart from me looking forward to the new season?

A few of the new cars have been launched:

Sauber
1296468137.jpg

Lotus
team-lotus-launch-02_2-2

Ferrari
dne1028ja04-2

Last edited:
Which Lotus?:icon_wink

I'm looking forward to it. These new rear wings could be interesting and will hopefully help with overtaking.

Which Lotus?:icon_wink

I'm looking forward to it. These new rear wings could be interesting and will hopefully help with overtaking.

Personally I think they are a bad move, especially if they create artificial overtaking.The thing that makes F1 interesting to me is the driving skill and engineering achievements required to make it the pinnacle of motorsport. Overtaking becomes memorable because it doesn't happen every lap like NASCAR. Lewis Hamilton performed something like 80 passes last season which IMO is enough.

Last edited:
Personally I think they are a bad move, especially if they create artificial overtaking.The thing that makes F1 interesting to me is the driving skill and engineering achievements required to make it the pinnacle of motorsport. Overtaking becomes memorable because it doesn't happen every lap like NASCAR. Lewis Hamilton performed something like 80 overtakes last season which IMO is enough.

Hmmm on some tracks though it becomes too much of a procession and we don't want to see that. I wonder how some of the other top drivers would compare to Lewis in terms of overtakes, specifically the red bull boys.

Hmmm on some tracks though it becomes too much of a procession and we don't want to see that. I wonder how some of the other top drivers would compare to Lewis in terms of overtakes, specifically the red bull boys.

Agreed, theres a few tracks where overtaking is almost impossible. Hungary, Abu Dhabi and Valencia spring to mind. The answer to me is to change the circuit layouts rather than alter the cars which are providing good entertainment at 90% of the races.

The new other Lotus (it's a Renault sponsored by the the Proton group who bizarrely have used it as a platform to promote their Lotus cars brand and confuse the shit out of everyone).

su_mk1131ja82-2

I'm not sure to be honest but his places gained vs places lost average per race is more than double that of anyone else competing in the sport currently,including Alonso and Schumacher.

In terms of competitive overtakes ie not including lapping, Hamilton completed 30, Vettel 18 and Webber 15.

The new other Lotus (it's a Renault sponsored by the the Proton group who bizarrely have used it as a platform to promote their Lotus cars brand and confuse the shit out of everyone).

su_mk1131ja82-2

Renault Lotus and Lotus Renault both competing. Good Look Brundle and square face!!

In terms of competitive overtakes ie not including lapping, Hamilton completed 30, Vettel 18 and Webber 15.

Hmm thought that may be the case, he's had a few times where mistakes have meant he has had to chase much slower cars, its where cars are more evenly matched, i.e. around the top of the field (where the red bulls have been majoritly) that the overtaking is more difficult but that could also be down to the fact that the drivers are better at that end of the grid.

Oh god who knows, lets wait for the 1st race and see what happens, actually thats Abu Dhabi where no one can overtake, lets wait for the 2nd and 3rd race!

Mclaren launches on Friday, Virgin on Monday and the HRT and Force India has no date currently.

I understand they hope to run their new car at the final test session. Clearly not learnt their lesson from last year. I suspect they will be even more of a joke this year than last. The other new teams are making big progress and HRT will be left at the back.

I understand they hope to run their new car at the final test session. Clearly not learnt their lesson from last year. I suspect they will be even more of a joke this year than last. The other new teams are making big progress and HRT will be left at the back.

Is the 107% rule back in? If so I can see that they will struggle to even qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566