F1 at Donington

Status
Not open for further replies.
The deal seems to hinge on them spending millions on both the facilities at the track and access to and from the track.

Gonna rip the guts out of our local economy. I really can't see the sense in moving it to a track that is not capable of hosting it. The facilities at the circuit are woeful and the local infrastructure is even worse.

Donington Park = Monsters Of Rock:

acdc.jpg
Iron_Maiden_Belt_Buckle.jpg

Donington Park = Monsterous Cock

ron-dennis-monac.jpg

Gonna rip the guts out of our local economy. I really can't see the sense in moving it to a track that is not capable of hosting it. The facilities at the circuit are woeful and the local infrastructure is even worse.

As stated above the deal depends on Donington extending the length of the track and spending millions on the infrastructure and facilites to bring it up to scratch. I can’t see how they can do that in 2 years but the obviously think they can.

It's business. You go to the bank/investors with signed purchase orders and you'll get your money to buy the stock/molds etc.

Donington has been awarded the F1 contract. Investors from all over the bloody place will be lining up to part with their wonga.

The track was F1 standard in 1993, it will be again.

It's business. You go to the bank/investors with signed purchase orders and you'll get your money to buy the stock/molds etc.

Donington has been awarded the F1 contract. Investors from all over the bloody place will be lining up to part with their wonga.

The track was F1 standard in 1993, it will be again.

I was thinking more from a planning point of view.:icon_wink

The circuit is only half the battle. The local roads will need some serious work, Silverstone has dual carriageway all the way from the motorway to the entrance and it can still take two hours to cover the 10 miles or so. I shudder to think how long it will take to get into Donongton, given that the traffic will not be allowed to interfere with airport traffic. Also, Silverstone has the busiest airspace in Europe on Grand Prox weekend, Quite what impact this will have on air traffic around and over the airport God only knows.

The circuit is only half the battle. The local roads will need some serious work, Silverstone has dual carriageway all the way from the motorway to the entrance and it can still take two hours to cover the 10 miles or so. I shudder to think how long it will take to get into Donongton, given that the traffic will not be allowed to interfere with airport traffic. Also, Silverstone has the busiest airspace in Europe on Grand Prox weekend, Quite what impact this will have on air traffic around and over the airport God only knows.
I'm sure Donington Park officials already have plans in place for this, and I'm sure they submitted them to the FIA when announcing their plans. I doubt they made an ignorant, uninformed decision.

Sure this will affect Northamptonshire negatively, but the flip side it will affect Leicestershire positively and help make our county a worldwide name.

The '93 European GP at Donington was one of the best races I can ever remember. I hope for many more.

Shame they couldnt have made it into a street race in Milton Keynes
That would have been good.
So the roadworks that me and SJN (plus a few others....) had to endure to sort the infrastructure was a waste of time.
Just bernie and his little man personal importance battle against the brdc. Plus screwing every last penny he can out of the sport, to fund another plastic surgeon job for his disgusting manwife.
Ridiculous. It's like building T5 at Heathrow and then routing all air traffic to Luton.

and it will still be a small fortune to get in to a GP, be it Silverstone, Brands Hatch or Donnington. A big fcuk off rip off.

Sure this will affect Northamptonshire negatively, but the flip side it will affect Leicestershire positively and help make our county a worldwide name.

Unless Derbyshire or *spits* Nottinghamshire hijack the ****er like East Mids Airport.

and it will still be a small fortune to get in to a GP, be it Silverstone, Brands Hatch or Donnington. A big fcuk off rip off.
I'd rather pay a small fortune to watch racing at Donnington. I much prefer that place to Silverstonne or Brannds Hatch.

I do like Snnettertonn and Thruxtonn though, but it'll be a while before they get F1.

I'd rather pay a small fortune to watch racing at Donnington. I much prefer that place to Silverstonne or Brannds Hatch.

I do like Snnettertonn and Thruxtonn though, but it'll be a while before they get F1.

Oultonn Park rules, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670