FA Cup 2023/24

If that was over here she'd be suing the bloke who fell on her, the club, the police, the company who supplied the stewards and probably the FA, all after the dozen or so different lawyers that would have telephoned her within ten minutes of her name coming out.
Don’t forget the roofing manufacturer who failed to make it flat.

The more I think about this the bloke who fell off the roof would also be suing all the above, with the exception of himself of course. There might even be a lawyer here who would try to sue her for being under him when he fell.

The more I think about this the bloke who fell off the roof would also be suing all the above, with the exception of himself of course. There might even be a lawyer here who would try to sue her for being under him when he fell.
He didn't fall anywhere. There's no way he could have been in that position without deliberate or negligent action on his part.

The other side of that coin, of course, are the lawyers of the victims of the mail scandal in the UK, who so far, from I can tell, haven't even got a sincere apology when they should be swimming in a vault of gold for what they endured.

Fixed that for you

This is exactly what you'd do if you wanted to kill the FA Cup.

You do wonder what it will do to the game long term when there’s absolutely no free to air football left and it’s all just clips on YouTube and TikTok.

You do wonder what it will do to the game long term when there’s absolutely no free to air football left and it’s all just clips on YouTube and TikTok.

Might make people actually go to matches live instead of sitting on their fat arses watching it on BBC

This is exactly what you'd do if you wanted to kill the FA Cup.

It's just reverting to where it was a few years ago when it was on BT Sport and ITV.

How many people subscribe to TNT Sport though?

I pay £14.99 for Sky Sports via Now TV. They have a lot more of the football I'm interested in than TNT do. I think that's a reasonable price.

The cheapest subscription to TNT is £30+ (unless you get it as part of an already expensive TV subscription). I've not seen any cheaper offers, like you can get with Sky on Now.
They have one Premier League game a week. I'm not paying that if we're only going to be on once every few months.

The way younger people consume entertainment then it’s probably going that way anyway. My kids don’t watch a lot of tv and I doubt they have the patience to watch a whole game on tv. They do enjoy going to live games, but prices and a lack of availability will deter many from that. It’s a quandary that sports need to be aware of.

Might make people actually go to matches live instead of sitting on their fat arses watching it on BBC
A lot of young people can’t afford to go to matches or pay for TV subscriptions though can they?

I guess my thought is; What will be the long term affect of young people not being able to watch any live football for free?

Will fewer people play organised football?

Will peoples’ behaviour be even shitter when they do go to live events?

Will we lose a communal aspect of getting together to watch football in peoples’ houses?

Just thoughts, I’m not particularly upset by this or anything. My days of watching football as a neutral are behind me now. When I was growing up in the early 00’s I could watch CL, UEFA Cup, domestic cups, Serie A, Football League and International football on free to air, not to mention the stuff included on NTL or whatever we had at the time on Eurosport, ITV 4 etc.

I loved it, made me appreciate lots of different styles and it made me want to go to games and play football when there was none to watch.

People complain about people being disengaged from the live experience of being at a game as it is, I personally don’t think it will helped if you’ve got absolutely no appreciation for what a game of football actually looks like outside of an iPhone screen and edited down to the mad skillz by the most famous players.

Meh

Same arguments were around when Sky came in and took it all live football away from free to air TV - Football boomed

I guess my thought is; What will be the long term affect of young people not being able to watch any live football for free?

Will fewer people play organised football?

Will peoples’ behaviour be even shitter when they do go to live events?

Will we lose a communal aspect of getting together to watch football in peoples’ houses?

Just thoughts, I’m not particularly upset by this or anything. My days of watching football as a neutral are behind me now. When I was growing up in the early 00’s I could watch CL, UEFA Cup, domestic cups, Serie A, Football League and International football on free to air, not to mention the stuff included on NTL or whatever we had at the time on Eurosport, ITV 4 etc.

I loved it, made me appreciate lots of different styles and it made me want to go to games and play football when there was none to watch.

People complain about people being disengaged from the live experience of being at a game as it is, I personally don’t think it will helped if you’ve got absolutely no appreciation for what a game of football actually looks like outside of an iPhone screen and edited down to the mad skillz by the most famous players.
Fewer people already play organised football, at adult age.

Peoples’ behaviour is already shitter than it was.

We’re all doomed.

BT/TNT killed the Champions League for most people. It's really only a small bubble that watch nowadays.

I thought that the FA Cup was beginning to recover through games being shown on BBC and ITV.

Dumb decision.
It's all about short term monetary gain, that's all that matters these days.

Fewer people already play organised football, at adult age.

Peoples’ behaviour is already shitter than it was.

We’re all doomed.
It’s not just football that’s taken a hit.
Sporting Blue/ Pink used to have pages of different sports league tables.
(Table tennis used to boast the most divisions in a county at one stage , 20, now can barely muster 5)
With the demise of works teams, and rise of technology ( play stations etc) , there’s just no interest .
No more jumpers for goalposts , next goal is the winner .

It’s not just football that’s taken a hit.
Sporting Blue/ Pink used to have pages of different sports league tables.
(Table tennis used to boast the most divisions in a county at one stage , 20, now can barely muster 5)
With the demise of works teams, and rise of technology ( play stations etc) , there’s just no interest .
No more jumpers for goalposts , next goal is the winner .
Agree

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463