Post Match FA Cup 3rd Round - Forest 0 - 0 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's slowly coming into place, of that I'm sure. After a nil nil draw if the talk is about missed chances then something is going right. As with any sporting contest a rub of the green is always influencial, we're not having it right now, but that can and will change. At least the comments aren't reading 'thank **** they missed x chance'. On another day we'd have ran our 2 or 3 nil winners. That said I wasn't there, so my comments are all based on TB hearsay.

Not sure how you can come to that conclusion when we are only the second team in 11 games not to score past them

Feck me I with you Durham Fox, I should have listened to radio while watching the game, it might have cheered me up - woeful!

I suppose it depends on what you're listening to on the radio. I find Classic FM quite melancholy at times

And as for Beckford... Oh dear, I was always a supporter, but.... He's starting to remind me of Akinbiyi, remember how patient we were with him, and when you talk about losing confidence, remember how PT used to make him shoot at an empty net just so he could remind himself of what it sounded like!

On the Beckford debate, I think there can only really be two explanations for his poor performances. That is if you accept that he has ability and talent as a striker.

1. That he signed for us against his will because Everton wanted to get rid and Sven was desperate to buy him. He was offered a ludicrous amount to sign and he did so on the advice of his Agent and all parties but against his own wishes. His subsequent impact since joining would be in keeping with a player who was effectively forced to be here.

2. That he's a good player bereft of confidence and that this confidence is being further eroded weekly by a combination of poor personal performances and general negativity around the club and certain players such as him. He is a player that seems to be less than average unless his self belief is high.

NP is defending Beckford in public and keeping him as part of the squad. NP will also be well aware of which of the above applies. As a result, I can only deduce that the second option is correct and that Beckford needs support and encouragement. Therefore, I'll continue to offer this to him until such time as anything changes in the hope that we eventually see the player we know he can be.

I'm guessing it's option 1 more than 2. On the fact NP is defending him, he has no choice really as Beckford can't move on this season. The fact he asked the board to secure the services of Billy Sharp speaks volumes.

I'm guessing it's option 1 more than 2. On the fact NP is defending him, he has no choice really as Beckford can't move on this season. The fact he asked the board to secure the services of Billy Sharp speaks volumes.

We have no other striker. Even before Schlupp's injury, our only backup was Howard.

We have no other striker. Even before Schlupp's injury, our only backup was Howard.

So before Schlupp got injured he wasn't backup or making Beckford backup? Anyway, I was referring more to the calibre of signing. I'm pretty sure we've not attempted to sign Sharp as backup to Beckford.

So before Schlupp got injured he wasn't backup or making Beckford backup? Anyway, I was referring more to the calibre of signing. I'm pretty sure we've not attempted to sign Sharp as backup to Beckford.

You'd be happy with one backup striker?

A game of two halves really, we had most of the first half and you had most of the second, if your strikers hadn't have been so blind we would have been on the wrong end of a 4-0 whupping.

Thought the ref gave you absolutely everything in the second half, must have missed the sugar in his half time cuppa or summat.

Also thought that to say you had 8000 fans there your support was pretty much quiet and subdued.

See what I mean about us playing nicey nicey with no cutting edge.

A game of two halves really, we had most of the first half and you had most of the second, if your strikers hadn't have been so blind we would have been on the wrong end of a 4-0 whupping.

Thought the ref gave you absolutely everything in the second half, must have missed the sugar in his half time cuppa or summat.
Yep, that's about how I saw it. Second half started with a string of soft free kicks going our way. Thought we had enough chances to win it but didn't take them. See you in ten days.

I'll just add, I was sat right in the corner on the 5th row and it is the worst experience I've had, position-wise, at any game. I never want to sit that close again.

I'll just add, I was sat right in the corner on the 5th row and it is the worst experience I've had, position-wise, at any game. I never want to sit that close again.

tense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670