FA Cup 5th round: Norwich v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FA Cup (sponsored by Budweiser)5th Round Draw today on ITV1 at 3.40pm

Away to Norwich

Re: FA Cup (sponsored by Budweiser)5th Round Draw today on ITV1 at 3.40pm

Norwich away then

About the worst draw we could've hoped for.

dont mind that. no pressure on either team and hopefully a few bad results between now and then will have them looking over their shoulder and playing a weakened side. they are not that special.

Could have been better, could have been worse. Norwich are a decent team IMO, a very good manager who invests in quality young players. I don't see why we can't compete though if the lads are on their game.

It's winnable, but I'm a bit disappointed as we're not likely to be on TV, which is a shame as I actually have the channel with the FA Cup TV rights here.

Last edited:
Absolutely stoked, this is a dream tie. There'll be a baby-boom in 9 months time from all the celebrating tonight.

Manager Paul Lambert told the club’s official website: “It’s a home tie and I think that’s all you ever look for in a cup draw, regardless of what the opposition was going to be. It was always going to be hard but being drawn at home is good for us.

“We played them twice last year in two really tough games, although it’s a new manager now. It’ll be a really tough game but it’s one we’ll look to go and win.”

Other than Stoke away it must be the shittest draw possible.

Nothing wrong with drawing a Premier League team. Don't know how anyone can say it's a terrible tie. It's not a dream fixture but it's certainly nowhere near the worst. It's a game we've got a decent chance of winning and, if we do go out, it won't seriously affect our confidence. decent tie for the club in my book.

I remember a lot of their fans said we were the best team they planned in both fixtures last season.

Nothing wrong with drawing a Premier League team. Don't know how anyone can say it's a terrible tie. It's not a dream fixture but it's certainly nowhere near the worst. It's a game we've got a decent chance of winning and, if we do go out, it won't seriously affect our confidence. decent tie for the club in my book.

It's neither a glamour tie nor an easily winnable fixture. Very disappointing.

It's neither a glamour tie nor an easily winnable fixture. Very disappointing.

no it's not a glamour tie, the only easy winnable fixture I'd say was Stevenage. I wouldn't want to face a lower opposition team at this stage of the cup and Crawley could give anyone a good game.

no it's not a glamour tie, the only easy winnable fixture I'd say was Stevenage. I wouldn't want to face a lower opposition team at this stage of the cup and Crawley could give anyone a good game.

I'm loving how so many of our fans seem to think we'd struggle against league 2 teams, I went to Cheltenham v bristol last weekend and if we had trouble against them the club needs to give it up.

I'm loving how so many of our fans seem to think we'd struggle against league 2 teams, I went to Cheltenham v bristol last weekend and if we had trouble against them the club needs to give it up.

Manchester Utd struggled against Crawley last season when they were still in the conference, I'm not being a pessimist, they are a decent outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566