FA Cup 5th round: Norwich v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a train to Norwich is a pain in the arse, expensive :(

Leicester - Norwich return - £56.30

Advance single tickets are available at the moment that will do the journey for £39, they need to be bought ASAP and are only valid on the booked trains.

Leicester - Peterborough return is £19.50
Peterborough - Norwich return - £18.80
Total £38.30, no need to book in advance, and you can use any train on the day.

There may be cheaper options involving more changes of ticket.

If you're going to buy tickets in advance make sure you buy from one of the train operator websites, such as http://eastmidlandstrains.co.uk so you don't have to pay any extra fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Off peak day return tickets - no need to buy in advance, valid on any train:

Leicester - Stamford £11.80
Stamford - Norwich £21.70

Total £33.50

Saving £22.80 on the "proper" Leicester to Norwich fare.

Cheers Jeff this is great, and we will definitely be able to get these of the day?

we will definitely be able to get these of the day?

It's the standard walk up off peak day return fare, there shouldn't be any reason why they won't sell you the tickets on the day.

You'll be able to buy both from the ticket office at Leicester (or order online and pick them up from the machine).
You need to make sure the train you're on from Leicester - Peterborough stops at Stamford - but I think they all do anyway. Then change for the Norwich train at Peterborough.

Strangely there is a direct Loughborough to Norwich at 6.22am a bit early but its £7

Strangely there is a direct Loughborough to Norwich at 6.22am a bit early but its £7

There's also one about an hour earlier that's also £7. These two trains are unusual in that they go via Loughborough and Melton rather than taking the direct route from Nottingham to Peterborough. They do not call at Leicester but take the rare north curve at Syston.

To get that £7 fare, you must book on the East Midlands Trains site. Anywhere else it will be £8.

(It was one of these trains that hit the bridge that had been dislodged by the tipper lorry a couple of years ago)

There's also one about an hour earlier that's also £7. These two trains are unusual in that they go via Loughborough and Melton rather than taking the direct route from Nottingham to Peterborough. They do not call at Leicester but take the rare north curve at Syston.

To get that £7 fare, you must book on the East Midlands Trains site. Anywhere else it will be £8.

(It was one of these trains that hit the bridge that had been dislodged by the tipper lorry a couple of years ago)

For £7 I'm tempted as it makes the return trip £26.50, however it is very early to be arriving in Norwich.

For £7 I'm tempted as it makes the return trip £26.50, however it is very early to be arriving in Norwich.

Wetherspoons will be open for breakfast by the time you get there. Go for it!

Just got my tickets....whoever hasn't got there's, the guy in the ticket office said there'll probably be sold out by lunch time

Ordered mine today at 6.40am online. I don't know how true the numbers were, but it said there was only 60 available.

Ordered mine today at 6.40am online. I don't know how true the numbers were, but it said there was only 60 available.

They only make a certain number available online.

That's terrible. I would have gone, and as member, got my tickets first thing tomorrow morning.

Right then chaps, now about these 'orrible Leicester fans.

Well, we don't want to upset our season ticket holders do we.

Ok, Mr Policeman, will it cost more to look after 4,00 fans that it will 2,400?

Of course it will.

Ok, we don't want to pay any more.

OK, well we're both part of the SAG, we'll just tell Leicester that there are too many safety issues and they can't come.

Ok, that's that sorted, now. Who wants a nice cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566